Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
812984 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 18, 2012
October 17, 2012
- Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
- Kiewit Mining Group is looking for entry level Mining/Civil Engineers wanting to make a career working at our surface mining operations. This position will be responsible for the short-range mine planning, design and estimating as well as developing and assisting in the creation of the annual budgets. The Mining/Civil Engineer will also be proficient with verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with employees at all levels of the organization as well as possess excellent planning, time organization and problem solving skills. This position may include both office and field work.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understand and follow all federal, state, and company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Long/short range mining planning, design, and budgeting.
- Establish and maintain communications between all levels of supervision and management. Perform engineering tasks requiring standard techniques and handling minor problems of a technical nature arising during mining operation.
- Short-range mine planning involving dragline design, truck-shovel design, regrade design and estimating.
- Integrate plans with short and mid-range mine plans.
- Develop and assist in annual budgets including cost and financial analysis.
- Assist in regulatory permitting.
- Investigate problems and/or reported incidents; identify and recommend solutions/alternatives as appropriate.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Mining or Civil Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-managed to get things done right the first time.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Uncompromising attitude toward safety.
- Understands and promotes process improvement and change initiatives.
- The ability to work shift work including nights and weekends.
- Willingness, ability and enthusiasm for travel, sometimes on short notice.
- Willingness and ability to relocate, long term, to job sites.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in USA
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List