Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
812998 Job Summary
Mine Senior Engineer
Employer Job Id:
August 18, 2012
October 17, 2012
Mine Senior Engineer
- Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With revenues of more than $10 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 10,300 staff and 14,400 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify.
- Kiewit Mining Group is looking for experienced Mining/Civil Engineers wanting to make a career working at our surface mining operations.. This position will be responsible for the short-range mine planning involving dragline design, truck-shovel design, dozer design, and re-grade design.. This person will also be responsible for developing and optimizing life of mine plans utilizing new and existing methods and technologies. The individual will be involved in planning, scheduling, and estimating both in the short and long term. In addition, this person will be responsible for mentoring and training entry level engineers in the above mentioned areas.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of all co-workers, vendors and visitors is always in the fore front of all planning, design and execution of all operations at the mine site.
- Mentor, train and supervise engineers.
- Short-range mine planning involving dragline design, truck-shovel design, dozer design, re-grade design and estimating.
- Integrate long term plans with short and mid-range mine plans.
- Develop and assist in annual budgets including cost and financial analysis.
- Develop and optimize life of mine plans utilizing new and existing methods and technologies. Assist in regulatory permitting, understand and promote process improvement and change initiatives.
- Understand and follow all federal, state, as well as company health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Mining/Civil Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Highly motivated and self-managed to get things done right the first time.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong work ethic, detailed oriented, and willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team. 8. Uncompromising attitude toward safety.
- Possess experience in using three-dimensional (3D) mining modeling and design software.
- Possess the ability and desire to work with minimal supervision.
- Willingness, ability and enthusiasm for travel, sometimes on short notice.
- Willingness and ability to relocate, long term, to job sites.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in USA
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List