Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
813124 Job Summary
Mixer Truck Driver
Employer Job Id:
August 18, 2012
Essroc Cement Corp.
October 19, 2012
Mixer Truck Driver
- Provide customer service by safely and efficiently transporting ready mix concrete products from batch plants to customer jobsites and unloading. Deliveries will be made in both commercial and residential areas.
Delivery of Ready Mix Concrete Products:
- Communicate with Dispatcher/Plant Manager to receive instructions via 2-way radio in truck and direct-line telephone in yard
- Position truck under batch plant to be loaded by Batch Plant Operator/Plant Manager
- Receive written or printed delivery ticket and follow instructions as directed
- Fill truck's water tank and verify accurate slump of load, make adjustments as necessary
- Safely drive loaded truck to destination on delivery ticket and inspect jobsite upon arrival
- Work with customers to obtain adequate vehicle access and unload material
- Rinse chutes and rear of truck of excess concrete in designated areas
- Perform pre-trip/post-trip & vehicle safety inspection; document and report vehicle condition at beginning and end of each shift
- Check all vehicle fluid levels daily and add fluids if necessary
- May assist mechanics in vehicle repair and change tires as necessary
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Work Environment - while performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Company, Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; adhere to company work rules, safety rules & policies, Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions;
- Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation;
- Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Licensing: Must have either a Class A or B CDL, Current Med exam, valid driver license, current Motor Vehicle Record.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List