Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
817009 Job Summary
Finishing Crew Leader
Employer Job Id:
August 24, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
October 23, 2012
Finishing Crew Leader
- The incumbent will have responsibility for safety, housekeeping, quality and production on a shift for an assigned area of the plant. This includes environmental health & safety (EHS), employee motivation, training, equipment needs, employee scheduling, continuous improvement and productivity issues.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage, lead, and be accountable for crew environmental, health, and safety performance and practices.
- Monitor production and information flow paths and production rates to ensure objectives are being met.
- Demonstrate commitment to servicing the customer. Work with internal and external (when applicable) customers and suppliers to communicate expectations and priorities.
- Set, communicate and implement priorities in alignment with the business case of Tennessee Operations, the location, and the department of responsibility.
- Maintain all quality, process management and production standards.
- Plan, manage, and execute departmental operating plans and tactical operations, including scheduling, crew assignments, and overtime.
- Exhibit leadership and ownership of lean manufacturing (ABS).
- Exhibit strong leadership abilities, coach employees and recommend improvement plans.
- Lead and engage hourly teams in process improvement and problem solving activities. Lead/Facilitate Root Cause Analysis.
- Resolve conflict; coach and counsel employees.
- Facilitate shift meetings, engaging employees in all aspects of the business case.
- Develop and execute 90 day A3’s demonstrating ABS Thinking.
- Develop, share and implement best practices throughout team.
- Effectively and consistently enforce workplace rules, policies, procedures, and labor agreement (if applicable).
- Develop, implement, and maintain current standard work for subordinates and leaders.
- Complete Leaders Standard Work and review with immediate supervisor.
- Other duties as needed to meet business objectives.
- Must be able to work rotating shift.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 years of supervisory experience
- Associate's degree in a technical discipline.
- Supervisory experience in a union environment.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of ABS or Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Strong problem solving and communication skills in order to communicate with all levels of the organization required.
- Good computer skills including use of Microsoft Office.
- Requires a progressive thinker who can initiate change.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List