This global consultancy provides a vast array of services to the mining industry worldwide.
Its large practice in the Russian Federation primarily covers in country projects and the CIS but is increasingly expanding its work portfolio internationally.
My client is recruiting for a senior-level coal geologist. Using their existing resource and operational experience, the successful candidate will work effectively within the existing team, develop relationships with clientele, and consult on technical issues at this striving practice.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• The preparation and management of geological models
• Signing off coal resources
• Developing new business and clients
• Mentor consultants and senior staff by developing and managing skills and attributes
• Manage networks and links internationally through Russian and international methodologies.
• Diligence audits and drafting Competent Person reports
• To be considered for this role the successful candidate will possess the following:
• A degree in geosciences or a mining related subject with international environment experience
• Geological software knowledge and experience is essential
• Computer technology proficient in modeling coal deposits, as well as Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills
• Able to sign off coal resources
• Operational experience with exposure to open pit and underground coal mining
• Membership of a recognized professional organization
• Experienced in working with global mining companies
• Leadership qualities with the ability to develop business
• Excellent communication skills in English, verbal and written
• Russian communicative skills and knowledge of the Russian Federation is not essential, but is advantageous
The role will be based in Moscow, and will involve frequent global travelling. A competitive numeration package and benefits will be offered dependent on experience. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing consultancy practice with international clientele and ambitious future plans.