£32,000 and benefits
Geological resource estimation
• Geological field reconnaissance and mapping
• Supervision of drilling operations and data capture
• Identify business improvement opportunities with clients
• Conduct scoping studies to assess business needs
• Define and configure solutions using Gemcom Software products and solutions
• Communicate with clients to identify areas for improvement
• Assist in the development of project proposals to address clients needs
• Conduct on-site software implementation in accordance with proposed solutions
• Complete software installations, workflow documentation, report configuration and user training as required.
• Provide training and guided assistance on Gemcom Software products and solutions
• Identify and gauge the training requirements of customers
• Continually develop and transfer best practices knowledge
Skills / Qualifications / Experience
• Degree in Earth Science (Geology or Geological Engineering preferred)
• At least three (3) years mining industry experience in field-based geology
• At least two (2) years of experience working with GMP products (GEMS or Surpac experience preferred) or two (2) years in exploration core logging software tools and data management
• An ability to work well with the public and an ability to adopt a customer perspective.
• Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work with a high degree of independence to initiate and complete work assignments.
• Additional language skills are essential French or Russian would be an added advantage.