Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
818430 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
August 29, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
October 27, 2012
WorleyParsons strives to be an industry leader in health, safety and environmental performance. Our vision is to achieve zero harm to people and assets, and zero environmental incidents. We select people who share our values, beliefs and commitment to this vision and who demonstrate the expected behaviors, competencies and performance associated with their prospective roles within the company.
WorleyParsons Edmonton provides highly-qualified, multi-discipline consulting engineering services. As our projects became more complex, we expanded our services to include all aspects of individual projects, from engineering design to procurement and construction/construction management. With several locations in Edmonton our main offices are located in the south of Edmonton.
The WorleyParsons Edmonton Operations include:
Primary role of the Senior Civil Engineer is to execute and/or or lead the engineering design of large earthworks projects including roads and pipeline corridors, embankments, dams and dykes. Other projects require the design of culverts and drainage; mine dewatering systems and surface and storm water management systems for oil sands industrial projects.
- Unconventional Oil & Downstream
- Core Projects
- Pipeline Systems
- Minerals & Metals
- Leads an engineering group involved in the conception, planning and development of engineering design, projects, processes, proposals and estimates
- Develops, implements and maintains existing and new design standards, guides, and procedures
- Mentors and facilitates mentorship of department employees
- Attempts to resolve inter-discipline, vendor, and customer issues before elevating to the department management team
- Supports Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) programs
- Assigns and reviews the work of design engineering staff
- Participates in resourcing/planning and project proposals
- Bachelor's/Master's degree in Civil or Mining Engineering with 10+ years of related industrial, mining or municipal engineering experience
- Experience in industrial civil earthworks such as site grading. dams, dykes, embankments, drainage, roads and retaining walls in an EPC environment
- Experience in leadership roles leading teams of five or more people
- Self-starter with an aptitude for problem solving
- The ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills combined with a focus on customer service
- Registered as a Professional Engineer in Canada
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List