Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
820293 Job Summary
Environmental Engineer/ Scientist
Employer Job Id:
Gold Coast, QLD
August 30, 2012
September 6, 2012
Environmental Engineer/ Scientist
Environmental Engineer/ Scientist |Temp to Perm| Gold Coast location|
About the Company
This is an organisation committed to safety and the environment, operating in an efficient and effective framework to achieve positive outcomes for all stakeholders.
About the Role
You will join an existing team of ten other like minded professional in the Technical Services Branch service assisting them to provide for municipal planning, design, survey, specifications and materials testing. Technical Services provides these professional services for most of the city's municipal infrastructure, including:
- roadworks, bridges, carparking
- stormwater and environmental works
- buildings and community infrastructure
- streetscape works
- sports and recreational facilities
- waste management
- municipal (maintenance) services.
The purpose of this position is to:
- project manage, undertake and have the design responsibility for municipal services and infrastructure projects (Council's Capital Works and Services Programs) of a complex and multi-disciplinary nature
- manage a program of projects of a moderately complex and multi-disciplinarynature
- undertake needs analysis, planning and design components of complex and multi-disciplinary municipal services and infrastructure projects
- determine environmental issues, evaluate options and recommend suitable outcomes
You will have sound knowledge and experience in relation to the following key accountabilities:
Mandatory qualifications / requirements
- Relevant tertiary or equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrated applied experience in environmental design (ideally 3 years minimum).
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of; planning reports, feasibility studies, consultancy briefs, tender and day labour documentation for construction & services, specifications, estimates and tender assessments.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to develop, co-ordinate and manage complex and multidisciplinary projects and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a program of minor and multi-disciplinaryprojects.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and motivate staff, in a project team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide expert advice.
- Demonstrated ability to establish procedures.
- Current 'C' Class License.
- Demonstrated effective analytical, problem solving and investigative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated consultation, negotiation, influencing, conflict resolution and assertiveness skills.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, formulate, implement, monitor and evaluate project impediments.
- Demonstrated ability to find delivery solutions to meet project outcomes.
- A desire and commitment to undertake Continuing Professional Development.
To be successful in this role you must have tertiary qualifications in a related discipline and at least 5 years experience in a similar role. You must have previous exposure to environmental management and legislation as well as strong communication skills and the ability to generate solutions.
- Gold Coast Location
- Competitive hourly rate
- Start ASAP
- Temp with a view to go permanent
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
< 1 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List