Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
820623 Job Summary
Staff Environmental Engineer
Employer Job Id:
Overland Park, KS
October 31, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 31, 2012
Staff Environmental Engineer
- [Company] is looking for a motivated, detail-oriented Staff Environmental Engineer to join our growing team in Overland Park, KS. Working under the direction of project managers and partners, the successful candidate will work on interesting site investigation and remediation projects, and environmental compliance projects in some of the most dynamic industries throughout the Midwest and across North America, as needed. Depending on your interest and experience, you may also have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, covering the full spectrum of [Company] services.
- This is a great opportunity to work with [Company] technical experts to implement the latest engineering and remediation technologies, while building the required experience to obtain your professional registration.
- Conduct field work, including sampling, drilling, well installation, remedial pilot tests, construction oversight, and remedial system operation and maintenance.
- Remedial system design.
- Assist in groundwater and system performance monitoring.
- Compile and evaluate data and assist in report preparation.
- Prepare environmental compliance plans, permits, and reports for air quality, hazardous waste, spill prevention, storm water, and wastewater.
- Perform Phase I and II environmental site assessments to support property transfer transactions.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Work within quality/budget/schedule expectations and scope-specific assignments.
- Communicate with subcontractors, regulatory agents, tenants, and clients during field activities.
- BS in chemical, civil, environmental, or mechanical engineering or related degree. Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Recent graduate to 5 years of experience, including willingness/interest in field assignments including some overnight travel required.
- Licensed Engineer-In-Training or will obtain within 6 months for recent graduates.
- Direct consulting or industry experience involving state construction and Title V permitting; PSD, NSR, BACT, MACT, NSPS, understanding of air emissions and emission reporting processes, or experience a plus.
- Environmental field work experience and 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification a plus.
- Strong commitment to safety, including following established Health and Safety protocols.
- Valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Effective written/verbal communication and organization/analytical skills; experience recording/writing detailed technical data and reports a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented with mechanical aptitude and hands-on trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, maintain flexibility, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Local candidates preferred.
- [Company] is the world's leading provider of environmental, health and safety, risk and social consulting services. We have over 140 offices in 40 countries and employ around 4,000 professionals, providing the best global platform in the industry. For more than 30 years, we have been delivering innovative solutions to leading business and government clients, to help them manage environmental risks and challenges within their organizations. In doing so, we have become one of the world’s largest and most successful environmental consulting firms offering a range of compliance assurance, impact assessment planning, site investigation and remediation, and corporate advisory services.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List