Fugro Middle East is currently looking for a Mechanic to be based in our Dubai office, UAE.
The Mechanic/ Hydraulic Technician will be tasked to perform the following functions:
• Responsible for the maintenance of plant and equipment associated with our fleet of near-shore & onshore site investigation equipment including various drilling & winch systems, sea-going jack-up platforms, Track operated vehicles and all ancillary equipment.
• Follow correct routines as laid down by Workshop Manager to ensure cost control and high standard of equipment is maintained.
• Able to follow, understand & provide input in hydraulic system diagrams to assembling new drill rigs as designed by Fugro.
• Able to help assemble project specific hydraulic/ motor driven equipment.
• Ensure that work is performed safely and within time limits where breakdowns on site occur.
• Assist the Workshop Manager, Site Supervisor, Foreman and other mechanic technicians in providing suitable solutions to problems/situations faced on site.
• Ensure that all information and events on site are logged accurately and handed over to the Foreman.
• Ensure that all mechanical operations are undertaken according to the company’s HSE policies and local health, safety and environmental regulations. He should be aware of all safety issues and potential risks of the job and maintain clean working stations.
The successful candidate should have the following:
• Technical or trade school certificate or higher
• Minimum of 5-10 years of experience with varios drill rigs and drilling equipment, hydraulics, diesel and petro engines, small boats and offshore vessels.
• Good understanding of hydraulics is an added advantage.
• Understanding of English language is a must.
What we offer
• Salary will commensurate with experience.