• Acquisition and interpretation of geophysical data.
• Check geophysical data in the field for completeness and quality.
• Responsible for field reporting and compilation of survey reports in given company format.
• Implement QC procedures for own works in consultation with the Chief Geophysicist / Reports Co-ordinator
• Organise own work and delegate tasks to assigned staff.
• In Party Chief / Project Manager role check and advise contract variations.
• If applicable assist and directly support the Party Chief with the execution of given work and tasks.
• Execute given work ensuring it is within project targets and in accordance with specifications, procedures and work practises.
• Expected to liaise directly with client on relevant technical issues and on contractual / operational issues when in the responsible role.
• Responsible for actively ensuring the implementation of QC procedures in the field environment.
• Responsible for actively ensuring all safety standards are met and followed and reports are duly completed as and when necessary.
• Is either responsible for or assist the Party Chief or Project Manager in maintaining expense accounting in the field.
• Account for own project and business related expenditure.
• Assess and advise Management on subordinate staff performance.
• Assist with advising and training of subordinate staff on a technical, quality and safety related issues.
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. level in geophysics / geology or equivalent.
• Must have valid offshore medical and survival certificate.
• Min. 2 years experience, including 200 operational days offshore as a Geophysicist Grade I.
• Conversant with accoustic equipment and word processing software.
• Thorough knowledge in at least one side scan sonar and sub-bottom profiler data interpretation software
• English language.
What we offer
FSME offers a dynamic team based working environment in an exciting and developing market region with long term potential for skill and career path development. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and includes the usual FSME benefits package.
Contact person Sarita Das