Fugro Survey (Middle East) Ltd (“FSME”) is a certified survey company within the Fugro Group, with over 295 employees and operating in accordance with recognised international standards (ISO9001:2008, ISO14001:2004 and OHSAS18001:2007). FSME specialises in the provision of Geophysical and Hydrographic Survey, Offshore Geotechnical Investigations, ROV Services and positioning services. Services are provided to the offshore oil and gas industry, construction companies and the submarine cable industry. FSME is the leading offshore survey company in the Middle East region, promoting the application of new technology and techniques to the survey industry. The working area includes the Persian Gulf, Arabian Sea and Red Sea.
1. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1.1 QHSE Assurance and Control
• Implement the Integrated Management System to ensure continued improvement and compliance with company standards and contractual obligations.
• Monitor and ensure compliance with statutory Company and regulatory quality, health, safety & environmental rules & regulations through periodic audits and inspections across the organisation.
• Review regular QHSE reports from vessels to ensure company procedures are being adhered to
• Communicate with Clients and Regulatory Authorities on matters related to QHSE requirements and also guide the project teams on such matters
• Ensure all accidents and incidents are reported, recorded and investigated. Ensure that the corrective action are effectively implemented.
• Maintain a positive and proactive working environment that encourages efficient team working.
• Prepare and maintain required QHSE statistics and key performance indicators for review and report / update Management accordingly
• Advise and assist personnel with regard of QHSE management matters for all fields of activity performed on/offshore
• Identify and report on QHSE related problems as they arise and initiate, recommend and ensure effective solutions to identified problems.
• Ensure that adequate levels of QHSE resources are available at all times on all Projects.
• Ensure that the documentation relating to Projects QHSE Management is available and maintained.
• Maintain the Corrective Action Tracking Register. Communicate regularly on its progress.
• Set the example for other staff for adherence to the Management System
• Provide induction of employees into the Company Management System.
• Provide internal training on QHSE related issues.
• Approve work reports of assigned staff.
• Evaluate performance of assigned staff.
• Maintain the filing of Management System documents in accordance with the relevant procedure.
1.4 Specific Additional Duties
• Assist Managing Director in the improvement of the internal organisation of the Company and distribution of news bulletins.
• Coordinate and manage office and staffhouse facilities in terms of maintenance.
• Perform in house Quality Assurance training.
2. Principal Working Relationships
• Work with the Department Managers for efficient co-ordination and implementation of the Company Management System.
• Liaise with the QA/HSE Managers in other Business Units to optimise the implementation efficiency of the Quality and Safety System.
• Work with all Company staff to support and improve the Company Management System.
Education / Experience Requirements
• M.Sc. or B.Sc. level or equivalent education with 3-5 years relevant experience.
• Comprehensive Knowledge and understanding of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSAS 18001 Management System requirements.
• Excellent leadership, motivational and presentation skills with an ability to communicate on all levels
• Exposure to Offshore industry would be an added advantage
• Ability to work independently in a team environment, and possessing strong analytical, organizational, supervisory, interpersonal skills.
• English Language
What we offer
FSME offers a dynamic team based working environment in an exciting and developing market region with long term potential for skill and career path development. Remuneration will be commensurate with experience and includes the usual FSME benefits package.
Contact person Sarita Das