Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
822902 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
September 3, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 2, 2012
Evraz Inc. NA is a leading North American steel manufacturer built on the pedigree of successful steel companies formerly known as Oregon Steel, Claymont Steel and IPSCO.
Evraz has the capacity to produce more than 5 million tons annually of flat, long and tubular steel products for major markets including infrastructure, defense, energy and rail. Its manufacturing facilities are located in Portland, Ore.; Regina, Saskatchewan; Pueblo, Colo.; Claymont, Del.; Calgary, Camrose and Red Deer, Alberta; and Surrey, British Columbia.
In North America, Evraz is the No. 1 producer of large diameter pipe, the second largest producer of steel plate and the largest producer of rail.
Evraz is a wholly owned subsidiary of Evraz Group S.A., one of the largest vertically integrated steel and mining businesses in the world.
Responsible for planning, executing and evaluating projects according to predetermined timelines and budgets. Builds and manages project reams, reporting to the Project Sponsor and ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles. This position will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing or the Corporate PMO Director
- Actively manage the project on a day to day basis to ensure that outputs are being delivered on schedule and on budget to the required quality
- Develop, define and communicate Project Scope, Charter, Schedule and Project Cost
- Forecast, track and manage project monthly costs, monthly financial reporting and client invoicing per company standards
- Ensure that all project components and activities meet local, provincial and/or federal codes and regulations as well as company's policies
- Identify and select the internal project team based on available resources
- Coordinate, organize and prioritize tasks for the project team, including vendor selection, planning, product development, production and finance
- Ensure that all internal and external stakeholders have adequate opportunity to provide input, comments and approvals
- Ensure smooth integration of project activities through all project phases from initiation, through design, construction, commissioning and close-out
- Minimize risks through early identification, planning and proactive project management practices
- Initiate the request for proposals, tenders and other competitive selection procedures, and work with the Strategic Sourcing office on the tendering process as required
- 10+ years of progressive experience leading projects and project teams
- Very strong understanding of Project Management methodologies
- Ability to create and drive teams to completion of complex tasks and initiatives
- Preferred work experience in a heavy manufacturing environment
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects, Visio)
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to lead a team in a matrixed environment
- Detailed oriented and excellent at keeping records
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List