Be part of an exciting, "green" project here in Alberta
About the job
- JV Driver currently needs 2 journeyman pipefitters to
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
- Select type and size of pipe required
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
- Weld, braze, cement, solder and thread joints to join pipes and fabricate sections of piping system
- Install supports, valves, piping and control systems
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system
- Remove and replace worn components and reactivate system
- The base rate is $41.04 per hour; the shift cycle is 14-7
- It is a camp job, with travel allowances
- Mandatory safety tickets include H2S Alive and CSTS
About the work site
At the Suncor Oil Sands site north of Fort McMurray, Williams Energy is optimizing their De-Ethanization operation. JV Driver is providing a "Turn-Key" solution to this client, having already built 40+ Modules in our Nisku operations and doing a shutdown in the Redwater plant.
This project is designed to take left-over gasses from coker-based oil refining processes that are currently either being burned in furnaces or flare stacks, and stripping out gasses such as Ethane, Butane, and Propane as "Value Added" products. This process greatly reduces the volume of greenhouse gasses and airborne particulate generated by the oil refining process, while "recycling" waste fuels into useable consumer products, including plastic, and clean burning fuels.
About JV Driver
JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since 1989. We have a solid multi-discipline industrial construction capability, with a total commitment to Safety, Quality, and Excellence. For over 20 years, we have been creating value for our clients and opportunity for our people, by challenging the status quo, looking after each other, having fun, and building great things together!
The only thing more impressive than our commitment to safety is our results. Project after project, achieving Best in Class safety performance has gained multiple recognitions from our clients, government agencies, and our peers. These safety initiatives have resulted in a 17 year LTA Free record, achieved with over 21 million man-hours of construction, recognition by WorkSafe Alberta for being a "Best Safety Performer" four consecutive years, and many more.