Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
824339 Job Summary
Heat Treat Operator
Employer Job Id:
September 5, 2012
November 4, 2012
Heat Treat Operator
Kennametal delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear-resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced materials sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. Kennametal’s portfolio of well-respected brand names and broad global presence enable us to help customers of all sizes in virtually every geography drive success at every stage of their value chain. Strategically aligned across our two core businesses - Industrial and Infrastructure - our products and services touch nearly every manufacturing process. People around the globe can see and touch these results throughout many aspects of their day, from the light switch they turn on to the car they drive.
- 2nd Shift
- 2:45 PM - 10:45 PM; Monday - Friday
- Some daily and weekend overtime may be required
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Maintenance:
- Load, unload and operate all furnaces including, but not limited to, All Case Furnace, Salt Furnace, Electric Furnace, Black Oxide, Blasting and Testing
- Monitor and document system gauges and furnace operations
- Inspect parts to blueprint specifications
- Perform preparatory operations including, but not limited to, wiring, basketing, cleaning and stacking of parts into proper material loads
- Set and adjust temperatures, pressures and time to process parameters
All employees are expected to:
- Be aware of and adhere to Environmental, Health and Safety practices for the facility and immediate area.
- Support the Lean Enterprise/25 Keys initiatives and continuously strive to improve Customer satisfaction through improved quality, reduction in waste and improved productivity.
- Perform tasks in a quality manner to meet external and internal Customer specifications and requirements.
- Perform in a flexible and cooperative manner toward team objectives and the goals of the company.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with those you come in contact with in all matters.
- Complete all necessary documentation, electronic data entries and communications accurately and timely.
- Maintain regular attendance and perform duties in a timely manner, arriving and departing for assignments and meetings as required.
- Be aware of all standard procedures and practices associated with the position and work to maintain compliance.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years manufacturing experience
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints and follow routers
- Ability to read and understand operating procedures
- Ability to perform basic shop math
- Trade school certificate preferred
- 1 year related experience with knowledge of heat treat, black oxide, and auxiliary surface finishing operations preferred
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List