Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
824357 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
September 5, 2012
General Equipment & Supplies Inc.
November 4, 2012
- The Welding Fabricator is responsible for welding and assembling metal components to effect repairs to conveyers, crushers, wash plants, etc. used to support aggregate equipment.
- The Welding Fabricator will report to the Aggregate Service Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds, fabricates, and/or repairs equipment and/or miscellaneous articles from verbal instructions, blueprints, and/or working drawings
- Lays out, cuts, preheats, cleans, and otherwise prepares materials to be welded
- Welds, grinds, and/or fabricates various materials
- Lays out, positions, and secures parts and assemblies according to specifications
- Accurately reports all parts and material used on a job on a daily basis
- Tack-welds or welds components and assemblies, using electric, gas, arc, or other welding equipment
- Welds components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions
- Use disc grinder to smooth out, weld, or grind parts prior to welding
- Operate manual and automated welding units and equipment by depositing metal from electrode to work piece and joins edge of work piece
- Maintain length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead
- Weld in flat and vertical planes (all position welding)
- Fabricate new or replacement parts for unit being repaired
- May change hoses, fittings, air valves, suspension parts, belts, rollers, etc.
- Develops templates and other work aids to hold and align parts
- Regularly attends educational and training programs covering company policies, department objectives, skill sets, and personal growth
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment
- Maintains and cares for shop tools, equipment, and vehicles
- Completes all paperwork required for jobs
- Maintains close, positive working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors, etc.
- Must have the ability to work within a team environment
- Must be a dependable self-starter
- Must have organizational skills with ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Attention and care required to prevent injury to others when performing work Must have a positive mental attitude
- Ability to travel as needed
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must have basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication of whole #’s & fractions)
- Must have 2 or more years of fabricating and welding experience
- Press break and shear operation experience is a plus
- Welder certification is a plus
- Wire-feed welding
- Mechanical with hydraulics
- Wrenching experience
- Fabrications with welding and layout
- Oxy/acety torch operations
- Plasma cutting
Nature and Scope Of Job:
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending and handling of materials
- Requires the ability to lift 50-75 lbs. or more
- Considerable glare emits from work, requiring the wearing of personal protective equipment
- Exposed to moderate burns and exposed to flying objects, such as chips and scale
- Requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to maintain an insurable driving record
- The duties described above are the general nature and levels of work performed, but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents.
- Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required.
- Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List