Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
825295 Job Summary
Administrative Assistant - Plant Accounting
Employer Job Id:
September 6, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 5, 2012
Administrative Assistant - Plant Accounting
- [Company] provides infrastructure materials that are essential to America’s economic prosperity and quality of life. With 2.4 billion dollars in sales in 2010 and operations in 21 states, along with the District of Columbia, the Bahamas and Mexico, [Company] is the nation’s leading producer of construction aggregates: primarily crushed stone, sand and gravel. Our construction materials segment produces aggregates used in nearly all forms of construction. And, we go to great lengths to make sure we operate as a good corporate citizen.
- We are currently recruiting for a Plant Office Administrator for our San Emidio location. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision and a 401(k)/profit sharing plan. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Performs a variety of office duties relating to the efficient operation of a one or more [Company] Materials production facility. Responsible for the supervision or processing of all daily and monthly accounting related information in a timely and accurate manner as required by the Western Division Accounting department. Depending on locations involved, this individual may be required to drive between locations as well as coordinate and supervise the activities of other plant clerks. This position will be responsible for preparing a preliminary analysis of monthly financial statements for location management.
- Working in minimal supervision from Plant or Operations Manager, this position will be responsible for some or all of the following; detailed analysis of monthly margin statements, perform detailed analysis of labor, operating and repair costs, maintain various inventory reconciliations, bank deposits, process accounts payable invoices and monthly accruals, track and process location hourly and salary timecards, maintain a petty cash fund, monitor and log procurement card activity, process fuel usage and receipts, track all plant assets, track and monitor maintenance for plant equipment, coordinate location purchases and rentals, produce a variety of daily and monthly reports as required by location management, and act as a location contact to other [Company] locations as well as the surrounding communities. This position will also work closely with other [Company] departments addressing issues dealing with Safety, Health and Environmental, Purchasing, and Human Resources. Based on the attributes of the location, this position may act in a supervisory capacity guiding a less experienced plant clerk.
- This position reports directly to the location Plant Manager or Operations Manager and will also utilize a dotted line responsibility to the Manager of Plant Accounting and Internal Control Processes to verify compliance with all internal control processes for the location.
- Perform a variety of daily plant duties as required by plant manager or division accounting; purchase orders, payables, time cards, fuel usage and receipts, bank deposits, tracking costs and running local reports for plant manager.
- Prepares month-end closing information for Accounting based on current closing schedule; fuel inventories, fixed asset changes, equipment rentals, month-end accounts payable accruals and location production reports. Prepares detailed analyses of monthly margin and cost statements as requested by location management.
- Ability to research, document and resolve location related problems as required. Present findings to the appropriate manager where and when needed
- Serve as backup for some scale clerk duties when necessary.
- Works with division Human Resources department to handle personnel requests and problems. Works with division SHE department handling safety and environmental issues.
- Serve as a contact for the plant. Receive guests and answer phones directing questions or problems to the appropriate individual.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Education: 2 years of college or equivalent experience in accounting related activities are required. College Degree preferred.
- Experience: Two (2) to three (3) years office experience in bookkeeping or accounting is required.
- License: A valid California Driver’s License is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess a sound understanding of accounting principles. Thorough knowledge of common office practices, procedures, and use of office equipment are required. Must possess basic math skills focusing on accuracy and be able to use a ten key calculator by touch. Appropriate typing skills and a strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office products is required. Must have solid organizational skills, be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Must have good communication skills and be familiar with proper phone etiquette.
- High Integrity: Acts with unyielding integrity and honesty in business transactions, promoting company policies and holding self and other employees accountable, keeping promises and commitments.
- Self-Motivated: Initiates and takes action before being required to do so. Collaborates with others to address issues that arise.
- Strong Work Ethic: Uses time efficiently. Finds the answers and makes sure the situation is taken care of correctly.
- Commitment to Learning: Applies intellect to the fullest, welcoming activities that require one to stretch.
- Responsive: Responds promptly and accurately to requests for information; coordinates appropriate follow-up.
- Customer Focus: Takes responsibility for customer relationships, keeping promises and commitments. Team Player: Establishes trust with team members, stating clear expectations and accountabilities. Recognizes group morale and acts to protect or build as necessary.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List