Overall Position Purpose:
Monitor plant performance and provide technical support to both the Operations and Maintenance groups to ensure all safety, environmental and production targets are achieved for the operation. Identify improvement opportunities and innovations within the plant and its processes. Training of the National Metallurgists in their required skill sets, knowledge and experience. Contribute to a positive and rewarding working environment where best results are strived for. Assume the Metallurgical Superintendent role in his absence.
Health, Safety, Environment & Community
• All Nui Phao Mining Company employees are required to carry out their duties diligently at all times, with the highest regard for the safety of themselves, other employees, the environment and community members.
• All Nui Phao Mining Company duties must be carried out in accordance with relevant Vietnamese & International laws, regulations and Nui Phao Mining Company Health, Safety, Environment and Community Relations policies, standards & procedures.
• Supervisors have an additional responsibility to ensure satisfactory work performance and compliance with these policies from their team members.
Key Performance Areas:
Safety, Health, Environment and Community (SHEC)
• Demonstrate safe behaviour at all times
• Comply with the site’s standards and procedures in SHEC.
• Promote awareness of SHEC practices.
• Demonstrate effective performance in achieving agreed SHEC goals in support of the
department, site and company standards.
• Reporting of all SHEC incidents.
• Demonstrate leadership in SHEC through personal behaviours and conversations
• Maintain the project social license through engagement of Government and community
• Record and justify opportunities to improve metallurgical efficiency rates of the processing facilities.
• Ensure that allocated process plant changes are effectively documented and managed from concept through to completion.
• Complete all allocated CAPEX justification and where required implementations.
• Create and implement necessary plant test work and sampling optimisation programs.
• Participate and contribute to the successful plant commissioning.
• Continually review the plant performance to ensure that there are strategies in place necessary for effective operation of the processing plant.
• Complete all required metallurgical accounting and plant reporting on a daily, monthly and annual basis in a timely and accurate manner.
• Analysis and reporting of major plant upsets with feedback to metallurgy and operations.
• Undertake Metallurgical Superintendent duties as required in his absence.
• Strengthen engagement and effort amongst the work force.
• Provide mentoring and guidance in development of National metallurgists.
• Contribute to development of training packages for specific areas of the operation.
• Commitment to training and personal development in this role.
• Promote continuous business improvement through the processing department.
• Continuous improvement projects are implemented on time and budget.
• Assist in identifying key business risks and implementation of appropriate risk mitigation plans.
• Input into evaluation and implementation of capital upgrades in the existing operation.
• Improved Metallurgy efficiencies and reagent usage rates over time.
• Assist in supporting of the Processing assets to ensure that they are operated in a manner which maintains and enhances the company’s reputation and social license with all stakeholders. eg Local government, Community, NGO’s etc.
• Act in a responsible, courteous manner and exhibit the appropriate levels of cultural sensitivity during all interactions with colleagues, Host Country citizens, local communities, visitors and Government Officials
• Refrain from personal actions which may negatively impact on company’s local reputation
• Degree in Chemical, Metallurgy or Mineral Process Engineering.
• Postgraduate qualifications in a non engineering field desirable.
• Registered Radiation Safety Officer (RSO).
• Current drivers licence.
Knowledge & Exposures
• Safety, Health, Environment and Community practices.
• Complex mineral processing unit operations.
• People management practices.
• Business Improvement.
• Financial cost control systems and key value drivers for mineral processing plants
• Plant commissioning and troubleshooting scenarios.
• Metallurgical accounting and data historian software.
• Detailed understanding of risk assessments and hazard identification processes including exposure to HAZOP studies.
Skills & Experience
• Minimum 8 years experience within complex minerals processing environments.
• Gravity, flotation and hydrometallurgical experience will be highly regarded.
• Previous supervisory experience in a production or technical role.
• Ability to discern accurate information and details to enable good judgement and decisions on safety and production issues
• Excellent analytical problem solving skills
• A strong level of competency of the Microsoft office suite.
• International operating experience.
• Effective communication with all levels within the organisation.
• Ability to build positive relationships with other departments.
• Show consistency in decision making.
• Visual leadership through actions and behaviour
• Encourage work ethics in line with company values and goals
• Interviewing and recruitment of National employees.
• Ability to work well in a multi cultural environment
• Team player
• Result orientated.
• Open and honest
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic
BENEFITS FOR WORKING AT THE MINE SITE
** 14 days on : 07 days off **
** 5 days on : 02 day off**
- The company provides mini-bus to transport employees to the mine site & back to Hanoi for fieldbreak as scheduled.
Accommodation & meals:
- The company provides freely:
+ Accommodation with air conditioner, tivi….
+ Meals: 3 meals per day / Meal allowance
+ Laundry service
Salary / wages:
- HIGH SALARY,
- SHUI insurances are contributed after the period of probation as laws.
- Extra insurances for employees:
+ Healthcare insurance
+ Accident insurance