Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
826508 Job Summary
Director, Applications Engineer
Employer Job Id:
September 8, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 7, 2012
Director, Applications Engineer
Our client based in Cambridge, ON is looking for a Director, Applications Engineering to join their growing team. The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of technological functions in various aspects of mechanical and electrical engineering, primarily in support of design and development of factory automation systems. Includes review and approval of concepts and proposals developed by Applications Engineering staff.
- Engage technically on high profile and high risk projects as required.
- Engage in conflict resolution between Operations and Applications Managers as required.
- Assist Sales with qualification of leads and customers.
- Align Applications structure and processes to the Sales and Business Development strategy, as defined by the VP, Sales and Business Development, North America. Define, direct and achieve required service levels between Applications and Sales.
- Mandate the development of, and adherence to, applications processes, tools, templates, SOPs and best practices which sustain the client's brand in North America (i.e. Cost Book, quote document, Risk Assessment).
- Set the context for a high performance culture within Applications, North America. Ensure that staff are hired, focused and developed to the performance standards, competency requirements, succession plans and compensation strategy set by the Vice President, Sales and Business Development, North America.
- Ensure the development and efficacy of knowledge transfer tools and processes which drives technical knowledge sharing between divisions.
- Direct the distribution of RFQs within North America to optimize capacity and leverage centers of experience/excellence.
- Lead the formulation of the Applications operating budget. Provide context and parameters to managers, which results in the production of timely, accurate quotations.
- Authorize quotes which exceed parameters set for Managers. Establish a mutually agreeable variance range with Operations in regards to quote-to-actual resource utilization. Resolve issues arising from variances between quote and actual resource utilization with Operations.
- Set measures, reporting and contingency planning requirements for tracking performance within the function. Deliver results in line with approved forecasts and budget.
- Direct staff to achieve customer satisfaction targets and measures set by the Vice President Sales, North America. Implement customer satisfaction performance tracking processes set by the Vice President Sales, North America.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in mechanical design, engineering or equivalent.
- Five years' experience in mechanical or electrical engineering support, preferably in an automation environment.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of robotics, machine controls and manufacturing processes and be able to keep abreast of leading-edge technology.
- In addition, must be familiar with the use of computerized word processing and computerized spreadsheets and AutoCAD or similar drawing package.
- An ability to present ideas, concepts and pricing information in a clear, concise manner suitable for technical audiences is essential.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 -5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List