Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose - to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
Mining/Minerals & Industry
We deliver mines, mineral processing plants and associated infrastructure across some of the world’s richest resource regions including Australia, New Zealand, the Americas, Asia and Africa. We provide mining support and infrastructure for surface minerals projects, including ports, heavy rail, haul roads, airfields, camp facilities, buildings, power and water supply services.
Due to growth AECOM’s Mining group in Saskatoon is seeking a Lead Structural Engineer. With an established client base that is getting larger, you will have the opportunity to help to develop and lead a team in the Minerals & Metals practice. Your role will be a combination of the technical functions with Project Management.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide detail design engineering for mineral processing facilities and supporting infrastructure projects
- Prepare technical specifications
- Coordinate with other disciplines
- Manage small to mid-size projects
- Lead and mentor structural engineering staff
- Business development and client liaison
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering from a recognized post secondary institution
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) with APEGS or another provincial association
- Minimum of 10 years Structural Engineering experience in the mining industry
- Proven leadership skills of engineering staff
- Specific mining knowledge and local experience is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal