Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
826833 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
San Bernadino, CA
September 8, 2012
Vulcan Materials Company
November 7, 2012
- Inspects, maintains, and repairs plant and other production equipment according to manufacturers' specifications.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Diagnoses sources of trouble and determines extent of repairs required for mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical systems. Identifies and orders needed parts using manufacturers' technical manuals. Removes defective parts and replaces with new or reconditioned parts. Reconditions or fabricates some parts in-house.
- Inspects and reports condition of machinery for items needing repair or service. Replaces or repairs defective parts on plant using hand tools, power tools, cutting torches, and welding equipment. May rebuild or fabricate parts.
- Reads technical manuals and may order parts from central stores or outside suppliers.
- May drive pick-up or repair truck to pick-up parts.
- May operate loader to supply material to the plant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Education: High school graduate or equivalent is required. Apprenticeship or trade school education preferred but not required.
- Experience: Three (3) years repair/maintenance experience required.
- License: A valid driver’s license is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to climb ladders, lift plant components up to 50 pounds, and work at heights of up to 100-feet and move in a variety of body positions. Must be familiar with the material manufacturing process as well as the safety and environmental issues related to industry. Requires a basic knowledge of specifications of different materials and knowledge of the capabilities of equipment. Requires experience to recognize various products by sight and to understand proper plant operation. Must have previous experience on various types of heavy equipment. Good mechanical repair, accurate math skills and concise communication skills are required. Previous computer experience is preferred. Certified welder preferred.
- High Integrity: Acts with unyielding integrity and honesty in business transactions, promoting company policies and holding self and other employees accountable, keeping promises and commitments.
- Ownership Mentality: Assumes responsibility and makes decisions within own level of authority. Passion to be the Best: Sets strong personal example and influences others to improve by using high energy and positive attitudes.
- Good Judgment: Knows when to stand tough and when to be flexible. Sees the “big picture” and the ramifications of one’s actions. Self-Motivated: Initiates and takes action before being required to do so. Collaborates with others to address issues that arise. Strong Work Ethic: Uses time efficiently; finds the answers and makes sure the situation is taken care of correctly.
- Credibility: Follows through with commitments and solves problems in a timely fashion. Resourceful: Deals skillfully and promptly with new situations.
- Respectful: Treats other employees or customers with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- Versatility: Is open to change. Adjusts positively to changing work priorities and business conditions.
- Working Smart: Gets the job done right and complete the first time; understands the full question/objective presented.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List