Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
826911 Job Summary
Geosciences Staff Analyst
Employer Job Id:
September 21, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 21, 2012
Geosciences Staff Analyst
- [Company] is a growing independent energy company primarily engaged in natural gas and crude oil exploration, development and production within North America. Our primary business is the exploration for and production of natural gas within North America. We are also actively engaged in exploration and production activities in Oklahoma, Texas, Pennsylvania, and New Brunswick, Canada.
- The Sr. Solutions Support Analyst is responsible for all matters related to G&G applications, including data management, quality control, loading, replication, and tools to report, add, and transfer data to and from G&G applications. Knowledge of functions contained in the applications and the workflows to utilize the functions is required.
Duties / Responsibilities
- The Sr. Solutions Support Analyst will be responsible for:
- Efficient and effective management of G&G applications and their data.
- Discovery of data sources for required data.
- Capture, loading, quality control, replication, and reporting of data.
- Working with the Geologist - Solutions Support, to ensure G&G personnel are able to work in their applications; troubleshooting problems and reporting the Incidents to the Vendor for rectification.
- Testing new Hot Fixes, Releases and Updates in the Test environment prior to rollout to the User Community in the Production environment.
- Providing technical guidance to Geo-technicians.
- Facilitating knowledge transfer and information sharing across the enterprise.
- Sharing “24/7 On Call” responsibilities with other Team members
Key Skills / Competencies
- 12+ years Geotechnical experience in the G&G fields for large independent or major oil and gas firms.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of G&G applications (The Kingdom Suite, Petra, Jewel Suite, Petrel, NeuraDB), workflows, databases and Microsoft Office Products.
- Excellent team and individual leadership skills.
- Strong customer orientation with experience in dealing effectively with employees of many disciplines (geoscience, engineering, drilling, and IT).
- Strong, personal commitment to change.
- Development of new and innovative ideas and strategies to solve business problems within a strategic framework.
- Initiative to pursue tasks, goals, and opportunities with persistence and perseverance.
- Courage to act, and the ability to set clear and meaningful goals for self and team.
- Influence to create champions and build support with peers, customers, and supplier-partners.
- Ability to make decisions and set direction in an environment of ambiguity and conflicting information.
- Excellent communication skills.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List