Fireball could be described as a specialized distributor and contractor providing fuel and lubricant storage and distribution to maintenance shops across Western Canada and mine-sites around the world. We deal directly with most of the car dealerships, truck shops, fast lubes and heavy equipment dealerships in Western Canada. Most of the mining projects go through engineering companies.
The company is divided into three divisions: industrial, automotive and service. The industrial team focuses on the design, engineering, supply and installation of equipment for receiving, storing, dispensing and monitoring of bulk fuels, oils, greases and other lubricants at mining sites and municipalities.
The automotive team is responsible for the installation of light and medium vehicle maintenance equipment. Fireball has outfitted numerous maintenance and quick lubrication shops. Its customer base includes repair shops, fast lubes, car dealerships, truck shops, miltary bases, muncipalities and mines.
The service team handles the repairs and customer shop maintenance, providing support for in-shop or field support for the automotive and industrial divisions.
We have 45 employees and work out of a nice office and shop in the west end of Edmonton. Over the last three years, we have been working towards a company ethos of democracy, trust and participative management at all levels. Our organizational chart is inverted with the employees at the top, the Team Leads supporting and coaching them. The management team is the GM and the five Team Leads. In order to provide involvement, every Monday morning the five teams meet as a group to discuss their plans for the week. On Tuesday morning, an Operations group of about 12 meets to review corporate issues and resolve them. Corporate priorities and any issues that cannot be resolved at the first two levels get dealt with at the Team Lead meeting on Wednesday. We also have a monthly all-staff breakfast meeting where we review the previous month's financial results and update everyone on operational struggles and successes. Much of our culture is styled after SEMCO as outlined in the book, Maverick, by Ricardo Semler. We pride ourselves on creating an open and participative employee culture fostered on a work environment that demonstrates integrity, profitability, passion and fun.
Fireball Equipment is seeking an ambitious and highly organized Information Technologist to join our dynamic and engaging team! The successful candidate will be responsible for providing effective acquisition, planning, support and installation of our computer network including client/server hardware, operating systems and software applications.
We are a fast paced and growing company looking for individuals who enjoy a challenge and want to grow with us! We offer a competitive salary and benefit package along with ample training and development initiatives to support your career goals.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for data security, system recovery, network quality, and resolution of issues related to hardware/software.
- Responsible for acquisition of telephone and cell phone hardware and support services.
- Assess, plan and recommend hardware and software solutions to improve performance, storage, and reliability of Fireball network.
- Assist in creating a budget for acquisition, installation, and operation of hardware and software requirements.
- Administrate network system operation, including data security, system backup, failsafe operation, storage and expansion.
- Maintain accurate records of the computer related assets of the company.
- Administrate software applications on the network including security, licensing conformance, and responding to user needs.
- Research new technology for Fireball business application and make appropriate recommendations for future growth.
- Administer and configure file/print, email and web servers, network switches, user accounts and permissions.
- Perform software file maintenance including archiving or purging of old files, month end coordination and reporting.
- Administrate external email service providers including resolution of problems, cost effectiveness, and systems security.
- Manage outside contractors or subcontractors or service providers performing work related to communications technology.
- Develop the company website infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot all IT needs for Fireball employees.
- Has a thorough understanding of our software and is able to configure and support all applications.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 0-3 years work experience in information technology.
- Computer Engineering Technology or Information Technology Management certificate.
- Citrix and CRM experience is considered an asset.
- Strong time management and organizational skill.
- Self-motivated and demonstrates high ability to troubleshoot and adapt to on-going changes to suit the needs of the business.
- Proactive, innovative and creative thinker.
- Willingness to learn and develop their technical capabilities