- Excellent Salary and Benefits
- Confirmed Projects and Pipeline
- Queensland Business Leader
An exciting opportunity is available for a career-focused Principal Ecologist keen to take on full responsibility for a highly successful ecology team located in Brisbane. The client is a well-respected international consultancy with a strong management team based in Brisbane and your addition to this team will see that synergies between disciplines are maximised to ensure all potential business opportunities within Ecology are recognised.
Such a high profile role necessitates business development and marketing and it is expected that you will relish this element of the job and have a well developed network of contacts and a personality that is suited to uncovering new business opportunities or expanding the capabilities of the business into new market sectors. Already established and highly successful in infrastructure, rail and maritime sectors – further expansion in the resources sector is underway and awaits your input.
Whilst winning business is one element of this role; continuing to build the team throughout the region and leading the delivery of projects is also a major component. Your skills in this area will also be well-proven and the ability to balance business development, project delivery and people management will see you perfectly positioned to take on this fantastic career opportunity.
The position comes with a very attractive salary and benefits package designed to attract and retain the right person. Long term career opportunities are assured either locally or throughout their network of global offices.
- Bachelor Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management or similar
- 10 years experience in ecological assessment within consulting; broad understanding of environmental management, and ecosystems of Southeast Queensland/Northern NSW
- Proven experience managing and delivering projects within Infrastructure, Mining and Oil & Gas is highly desirable
- Strong communication skills and the ability to develop new business opportunities
Lead business growth and technical excellence in natural resource management; more than ecological assessments
- Work closely with dynamic leader; as part of management team
- Confirmed projects to manage; significant state infrastructure
- Projects all over Australia & the world (for those interested); S/T international secondment opportunities
- Massive opportunities unavailable from smaller, or specialist environmental companies
As an ecologist with a broad understanding of environmental management, this is a unique opportunity to drive technical excellence, and inspire a team to deliver on major projects.