Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
828639 Job Summary
Senior Mining Engineer
Employer Job Id:
Salt Lake City, UT
September 12, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 11, 2012
Senior Mining Engineer
- Founded in Canada in 1960, we are a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Today, our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 8,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- The [Company] team ([Company] is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of 45 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
- The Salt Lake City office of [Company] is looking for a qualified candidate to fill an Senior Mining Engineering position.
- Candidate must be capable of producing underground stope designs and ore haulage systems, selecting mine equipment, working with ventilation models.
- Candidate will work from geology models and metals pricing as required by government and financial regulations to develop detailed plans and designs. This includes drafting skills to design ramps and stopes, and the supporting high quality writing skills.
- Work with [Company] Senior Engineers and Managers to develop professional relationships with industry and develop the junior staff.
- Experience to assist as a QP for related to prefeasibility and feasibility studies;
- Provide technical mentoring to peers and junior staff.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in Mining Engineering
- BS Degree in mining engineering from an accredited academic institution
- Project management experience or certifications
- Proficiency with AutoCAD
- Proficiency with mine modeling software
- MS Office competent – strong Excel skills
- Solid organization and time management abilities
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as dictated by project demands
- Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screening and background check
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List