Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
828725 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
September 12, 2012
Fugro Geoconsulting, Inc.
November 11, 2012
Fugro Robertson is a world-leading oil and gas consultancy. For 50 years we have been producing innovative and integrated products to support new ventures, exploration, appraisal, development and production activities worldwide.
- Fugro Robertson, Inc. is interested in immediate employment of a RoqSCAN Field Technician to work both in the field collecting soils samples at well sites and in laboratory in its Houston headquarters together with substantial field based operations.
- The role will involve preparing soil samples to a set procedure, loading samples into the RoqSCAN system, operating the Roqscan and delivering results in a pre-defined format. Other tasks would include system calibrations, fault diagnosis, basic machine maintenance and client contact. The work will be predominantly field based (well site) supplemented by additional laboratory work. As well as completing the above tasks, the individual will be expected to help develop new techniques to improve the speed and efficiency of their role. All work must be conducted to the highest standard in order to meet client quality requirements.
- The successful applicant will be a part of our existing global team. The role will involve overall operation of the RoqSCAN system.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Soil sample preparation.
- Sample loading.
- Operation of a RoqSCAN system.
- System rig-up and rig-down.
- System calibration.
- Fault diagnosis and basic system maintenance.
- Delivery of results in a pre-defined format.
- Field based working, either onshore or offshore, predominantly North America but with international assignments to be expected.
- Higher education qualifications (e.g. BS/BA geology, electronics, engineering) or equivalent while not essential would be advantageous.
- To be part of a proactive team of staff responsible for delivering a high quality, specialized service to the oil and gas industry.
- Update and improve skills and knowledge base.
- To attend training and development courses/workshops as deemed necessary.
- To support and undertake such other functions and responsibilities as are required from time to time and where it is deemed relevant and advantageous to the operations.
- Computer literate, proficient with MS Office suite of computer software.
- Excellent written (English), verbal (English), and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizing, problem-solving, and planning skills.
- Overall understanding of field acquisition procedures.
- North American well site operations (surface logging) experience.
- Experience of laboratory procedures would be advantageous.
- In return Fugro Robertson offers a dynamic team based, working environment in an exciting and developing market, as well as the long-term potential for you to develop your skills and career.
- Must have the current ability to legally work in the United States.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List