Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
828795 Job Summary
Maintenance Engineering Supervisor
Employer Job Id:
September 12, 2012
November 11, 2012
Maintenance Engineering Supervisor
- FMC Technologies designs, manufactures and services technologically sophisticated systems and products such as subsea production and processing systems, surface wellhead systems, high pressure fluid control equipment, measurement solutions, and marine loading systems for the oil and gas industry.
- Subsea Technologies business segment encompasses a wide range of equipment and technologies that are required to explore, drill and develop offshore oil and gas fields. We have a strong global presence in all of the world’s major basins. Whether it is high-pressure, high-temperature (HPHT) trees and wellheads, subsea controls and systems or production optimization services, we add value to our customers throughout the life of the field.
- Subsea Services business unit provides subsea system service packages that provide strategic solutions to ensure optimal equipment performance and reliability while minimizing the total life cost of the subsea systems and service needs. These services support all phases of the asset’s life cycle, from the early planning stages through testing and installation, commissioning and operations, replacement and upgrades, interventions and decommissioning/abandonment on through maintenance, storage and preservations.
- We currently have an opening for a Maintenance Engineering Supervisor at our Houston, TX location.
- FMC Customer Property Services Engineering consists of degreed Engineers that are hands-on, product-maintenance oriented individuals that function in an onshore work environment. Customer Property Services serves as the steward of customer-owned equipment managed by FMC Subsea Services. Customer Property Services executes storage, preservation, and maintenance activities for customer-owned assets. Customer Property Services Engineering defines the technical requirements of these activities. The role of engineering in the department may include, but not be limited to, equipment conditional assessment, maintenance documentation development, defining maintenance scopes of work, workshop technical support, and hands-on maintenance support. Our goal is to provide technical support and services of FMC products in safe and timely manner that adhere to quality and reliability requirements that enable our customer success.
- The Customer Property Services Engineering Supervisor is a critical role in the business to build equipment maintenance capabilities. The Maintenance Engineering Supervisor will play an integral role in defining maintenance requirements for a wide variety of products, building the technical requirements of a maintenance portfolio, delivering documents and instructions to allow for efficient and effective execution of planned maintenance activities.
- The ideal candidate for the position of Maintenance Engineering Supervisor possesses a fundamental knowledge of upstream and downstream processes in the value chain, a customer-centric attitude, an ability to adapt to changes in scope and customer requirements, and an ability to lead a team to achieve strategic objectives of the business.
Global Level Guide Requirements – Lead Engineer I
- BS degree in Engineering required
- Generally 5+ years of experience in equipment maintenance or related field
- Ability to train others in the application of engineering practices, gaining a mastery of a single area or multiple broader areas of specialty, products, systems or services.
- Ability to anticipate internal and external business challenges with impact on the organization and recommends best practice solutions. Understands what drives customer value.
- Designs complex engineering or operating plans and reviews/approves documentation for certain services.
- Experienced in managing variations in customer requirements, code, or contract compliance. Participates in reviews of contract requirements, deliverables, and technical terms and conditions.
- Assists in translating customer requirements into a viable and competitive service offering. Limited interface with the client.
- Acts as a quality improvement lead. Helps and coaches process owners to improve their skills and effectiveness.
- Ability to identify and make recommendations for continuous process improvement.
- Advances analytical and problem solving, systematically using prevention skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is critical
- Ability to establish deadlines and manage priorities for self and others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English are essential to effectively teach what they know to other employees
- Ability to lead functional project teams is essential
- Ability to coach and mentor others is important
- Ability to transfer subject matter expertise. Strong ability to persuade and influence others is important
- Generally characterized as a “Senior Contributor” with ability to lead functional project teams, business, unit or department
- Ability to take organizational goals and proactively and independently establish priorities
- Ensures cooperation and interaction across diverse stakeholders both internal and external to the organization, often managing conflicting interests and/or demanding customers
Subsea Services North America – Customer Property Services Requirements
- Demonstrates an ability to develop and implement Engineering strategies that result in successful execution of maintenance activities.
- Distributes project assignments amongst Maintenance Engineering staff. Defines project objectives, milestones, and schedule of technical deliverables. Communicates goals to process operators. Ensures successful and timely completion of assignments.
- Has TCE-Approver status or demonstrates ability to acquire approver status within 120 days of hire
- Ability to assist in the development of integrated operational processes for maintenance programs including engineering strategies, maintenance system development, and planning processes
- Serves as a senior contributor, lead and process owner for the technical support of the maintenance business
- Demonstrates entrepreneurial spirit and dedication to achieving strategic goals of the business
Work Environment And Physical Demands:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spend 70-80% time in an office environment and/or 20-30% in shop or field environment supporting product installation, commissioning, troubleshooting and/or interventions. May be exposed to possible hazards including noise, outdoor temperature extremes, chemicals, pressure testing, heavy lift operations and shop/field traffic.
- Office environment requires sitting, operating a computer, walking and some lifting. Hands-on labor in shop and/or field environment, which requires lifting, walking, stooping, bending, and some climbing.
Major Accountability Areas:
Duties and Accountabilities
- Proactively participate in HSE initiatives, START, JSAs and risk assessments.
- Responsible for using sound judgment, safe work practices, and delivering high quality work on-time.
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
- Ensures that technical data, services, and documentation are in compliance with internal and external requirements.
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMC Technologies, Inc. are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List