Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
828827 Job Summary
Surface Material Handler- Operations
Employer Job Id:
Oklahoma City, OK
September 12, 2012
November 11, 2012
Surface Material Handler- Operations
- Material movement including loading and unloading trucks and moving material from location to location by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, conveyors or other material handling equipment.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend written and verbal English language (Safety, Quality & Operational instructions). Must be able to perform simple math problems (i.e. add, subtract, multiply, divide). Zero to two years of experience in a similar environment with similar equipment.
- Must have ability to comprehend internal documents such as Movement Forms, simple FMC
- Technology Drawings and shipping documents.
- Must have ability to safely operate a forklift, overhead crane, machine (jib) hoists, hand tools, power tools, and tape measure.
- CBTs, START Safety Program, completion of forklift training for sit-down and stand-up trucks.
- Contacts within the AMT department on routine matters. Contact with others in company to furnish or obtain information.
Scope of Responsibilities / Accountability:
- Works under supervision and follows detailed written and/or verbal instructions. Follows established procedures. Able to complete basic tasks without requiring supervision.
- Progress is reviewed often and checked for accuracy. Most errors will be detected in succeeding operations.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exposed to possible shop hazards, which may include high noise, heavy equipment and machinery, temperature extremes and yard/shop traffic. Spends 100% of time in indoor and outdoor storage areas.
- Stands, walks and bends 100% of time. Lifts up to 50 pounds manually, uses material handling equipment for over 50 pounds.
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Move materials from location to location as instructed by the Move Request form by carrying, pushing, rolling or operating hand trucks, forklifts, hoists, motorized conveyors or other material handling equipment.
- Loads and unloads trucks according to established safety and operating procedures.
- Assist preparation of shipments by staging, counting, documenting, and packaging materials for safe transport. Process paperwork and arrange for transport through 3rd party provider.
- Distribute received shipments by delivering materials to requestor.
- Process paperwork to record transaction.
- Assist in physically locating Customer Property materials.
- Assist refurbishment teams with load outs or any staging of equipment.
- Assists with SAP inventory record maintenance by weighing materials, measuring materials, and creating and attaching identifying equipment tags.
- Assists in customer audits and cycle counts to support inventory control activities.
- Use basic computer knowledge to research equipment in SAP and iMan.
- Use e-mail and company intranet for basic communication tasks.
- Physically prepares materials for safe movement or shipment including use of banding machine and clincher, stretch film, crating or other means.
- Practices good housekeeping in assigned area and properly disposes of waste according to safety and environmental policies.
- Promptly reports any operational problems or safety issues with machinery, tools or equipment to Team Leader.
- Be able to use MS Word and Excel to facilitate document handling.
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMC Technologies are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
11 - 15 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List