Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
828856 Job Summary
Surface Logistics Planner - Operations
Employer Job Id:
Oklahoma City, OK
September 12, 2012
November 11, 2012
Surface Logistics Planner - Operations
- The Logistics Planner will be responsible for movement of goods between offsite warehouses and onsite warehouse. The Logistics Planner will also be responsible for tabulating and supplying exports related shipping documentations.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. or equivalent working experience.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in receiving, materials, warehousing or related areas in a similar environment and complete understanding of receiving, operations, and safety and quality procedures (a Bachelor's degree in related field may be substituted for prior experience).
- Experience in freight traffic coordination and material transportation planning.
- Experience in verifying orders by reviewing shipping documentations (bills of lading, packing slips, delivery notes, purchase orders).
- Must demonstrate good communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills in order to interact with suppliers, vendors, and coworkers in team based environment.
- Must demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate good organization and planning skills.
- Demonstrates ability for problem solving.
- Shows evidence of independence and is a self-starter to accomplish daily task and goals.
- Knowledge and proficiency in basic PC operation using Microsoft Office, SAP preferred but not necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures and ensure those policies and procedures are being followed by associates involved in logistics.
- Ability to handle multiple task and changing priorities in a fast paced environment where meeting customer delivery dates requires urgency.
- FMC Product Training, Logistics Process Mapping, Safety Prevention and Compliance Training, Quality, Systems Training in SAP, Interpersonal/Team Skills Training, START training, and 5S. Performs some advanced functions as part of training and development.
- No direct reports, but orients, trains, assigns, monitors and checks work of Material Handlers and Receiving Clerks.
- Provides input to Team Leader on performance and disciplinary issues.
- Cooperative interaction with shop coordinators, material handlers, and other surface associates. Direct and indirect dealings with other planners and personnel to expedite shipments. Contacts FMC Technologies employees via telephone or email when non-inventory material has arrived for their specific project. Contacts purchasing when discrepancies have been found that need to be addressed to the vendor. Arranges delivery schedules and locations for large/heavy non-inventory items to specific areas with the owner/responsible party of the product. Interfaces with employees requesting materials.
Scope of Responsibilities / Accountability:
- No budget responsibility at this level. Accountable for transaction and documentation accuracy.
- Receives objectives and guidelines regarding upcoming projects and shipments. Works under general instructions and supervision. Degree of creativity, judgment and resourcefulness required due to constantly changing priorities. Required continuing education to stay current in the area of logistics.
- Work receives progressive detailed review. Errors are usually detected in succeeding operations (i.e. Shipment delays). Requirements are often changing, moving forward or back. Errors may result in rig downtime, significant production loss to customer, and negative financial impact to FMC technologies. Errors may result in regulatory penalties or fines.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office environment with frequent trips to the shop or other offices in the plant.
- Employee is exposed to possible shop hazards including high noise, heavy machinery, and shop traffic.
- May be exposed to hot and cold weather, and other environmental hazards.
- Frequent sitting and operating a computer.
- Fast paced atmosphere with multiple priorities and constant change.
- Some travel for vendor and/or client contact.
- Some physical lifting of material is required (usually under 50 pounds).
Major Responsibility Areas:
- Utilizes SAP to facilitate material movement planning and scheduling.
- Coordinates daily activity to track location and movement of equipment. Provide reports to internal and external customers as required.
- Communicates fulfillment status and / or issues within the Organization to points including Demand / Supply Planning, Logistics Management, Sales, and Customer Service.
- Works with shipping group and packaging team to ensure shipments meet deadlines.
- Participates in department, team and project meetings to better understand what the shipping requirements will be.
- Ensures all export shipments are accompanied by required export paperwork. Assists Logistics associates regarding export documents and requirements
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMC Technologies are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List