Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
828878 Job Summary
Surface Designer I/II-Global Product Line
Employer Job Id:
September 12, 2012
November 11, 2012
Surface Designer I/II-Global Product Line
- Creates complete product design layouts, working detail drawings, sub-assemblies and final assemblies including various views, sections & details. Drawings show complete dimensional data for engineering and manufacturing purposes.
- High School Degree or GED.
Experience and Training:
- One year minimum CAD drafting training in a technical trade institution or equivalent experience required.
- Four plus years’ experience in a CAD mechanical drafting environment required.
- Three to five years’ experience with a 3D mechanical CAD solid modeling software package or NX software required.
- Knowledge of standard drafting techniques per ASME Y 14.
- Ability to produce and interpret electrical and hydraulic schematics required
- Three to five experience with wellhead equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of FMCTI products, manufacturing, and welding processes preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Time management skills that require only moderate supervision.
- Skills required include mechanical design and drafting skills; visualization skills.
- Communication and collaboration skills; proficient use of enabling technology; computer and time management skills.
- Ability to perform basic level engineering calculations such as estimation of areas, volumes, and weights.
- Houston Operating Procedures, START Safety Program, FMCTI product knowledge, TCE, SAP time reporting. Take required FMCTI training courses as outlined in the learning content management system. NX training as required. Performs advanced functions as part of training and development.
- Regular contacts within department to obtain or furnish information. Some contact outside department and with customers to clarify drawings, fit, assembly, test results, etc. Works within team environment to solve business issues.
Scope Of Responsibilities / Accountability:
- Works under limited supervision and selects from established procedures to perform varied tasks. Works under guidance from other Drafters, Designers and Engineers. Imagination with regard to critical and creative thinking is essential.
- The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Spends most of time in an office environment. May occasionally be required to go into shop environment.
- Frequent sitting and operating a workstation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Learns FMCTI’s design practices, systems, processes, and procedures.
- Prepares varied CAD detail and assembly drawings from sketches, mark-up prints and other reference materials under the direction of senior level Drafters, Designers, Engineers, Sales Personnel or Supervisor.
- Creates preliminary drawings with complete dimensional data for engineering and manufacturing purposes that are neat and completed in a timely fashion. Reviews drawings for accuracy, completeness, and conformance to applicable design drafting standards.
- Creates final production detail drawings.
- Prepares final level sales or sequence drawings as directed.
- Exhibits effective team communication and collaboration skills
- Performs administrative and related responsibilities as assigned.
- Performs drafting review of mid-level detail drawings and assemblies.
- Calculates dimensional tolerance requirements to ensure proper assembly fit and function according to design requirements defined by engineers.
- Prepares CAD assembly drawings to verify adequate assembly fit and function.
- Creates complete product layouts, working detail drawings, sub-assemblies, final assemblies and BOM’s from rough sketches, mark-up prints and other reference materials as assigned by senior level Drafters, Designers, Engineers, Sales Personnel or Supervisor.
- Prepares and submits time estimates for review before assigned work is initiated.
- Participates in customer, project and design review meetings relating to project assignments. Reports and presents information as required.
- Perform basic level engineering calculations and begins to develop basic understanding of mechanical engineering design principles
- Performs final drafting review to ensure drawings contain complete dimensional data for engineering and manufacturing purposes.
- This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of FMCTI are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List