Having produced in excess of 80 unparalleled summits for senior executives and solution providers across 17 different industries and five continents for 2011, GDS International has build a reputation for itself as a global leader in the B2B events arena; a reputation it continues to build upon with over a decade of 25 percent year-on-year growth and an annual turnover of approximately AUD$60 million.
In line with this continued growth, our portfolio of Next generation Oil, Gas and Mining events has been pivotal in securing new markets and clients – but most importantly, in cementing itself as one of the industry’s most sought after summits when it comes to ROI. With that in mind, we’re searching for a new addition to our Utilities team in the form of an industry-experienced and strategically adept Sales Executive for our head office, nestled perfectly in Sydney’s central business district.
Fuelled with passionate, honest – and above all, talented – sales staff, the successful candidate will be afforded the ability to leverage an impact on the entire operational process from a sales perspective, while simultaneously creating a platform to target specific career aspirations. Indeed, while we pride ourselves on how much we’ve grown, we remain a perfectly sized company for our employees to create their own opportunities and be rewarded accordingly.
Renowned for delivering exceptional ROI for clients attending our NGU Summits, our global Utilities portfolio harbours long-standing relationships with clients including Energex, Repsol, Total, Shell, Gazprom and BP to name but a few. Reporting to the Sales Director, the successful candidate will work across a range of Utilities industries and clients, and will be entirely comfortable with researching the industry at a granular level before implementing strategic approaches to achieve highly targeted client pools and competitive revenue streams.
In return, GDS International will offer access to its industry-leading training – encompassing advanced sales management, research and leadership elements all contextually relevant to the Utilities sector – and the prospect of career growth once the right skill sets have been acquired and proven. With constant in-house training and a host of individual speakers to conduct various support seminars, we are devoted to our staff and pride ourselves on the culture and vibrant working environment we’ve nurtured during our 18 years in business.
Tasks involved in the role will include:
- Industry research contextually relative to each Summit product
- Building a solid lead base of prospective clients
- Inducing working relationships with senior-level decision makers: From CEOs to Senior Vice Presidents
- Pitching established products within the portfolio and closing both new and existing business
- Working as part of a team while simultaneously motivating yourself to achieve personal goals
- Drafting and sending highly tailored proposals that adhere to company policies and style guides
- Attending training sessions as part of an ongoing career development plan, with the conscious aim of implementing new techniques within your day-to-day activities
- Managing your client’s accounts
- Undertaking international travel when requested.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Excellent communication skills, both remotely and face-to-face
- An ability to deconstruct, interpret and implement research from a Utilities context at a granular level
- Confidence in speaking with senior level executives positioned within Fortune 500 Utilities firms
- Exceptionally motivated and driven to hit KPIs and office targets
- Comfortable working within a team and contributing to its overall success
- Self-motivation and a desire to progress and invest in long-term relationships – both internally and externally
- A drive to lead and a want to contribute to the planned growth of the organisation
Experienced candidates will also have:
- At least two years’ sales and/or industry experience across the Utilities sector
- A proven ability to build strategic relationships with clients, agencies and peers
- Consistent face-to-face presentation skills
- An inherent understanding of industry terminologies and approaches to market