Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
829165 Job Summary
Project Engineer / Project Manager, Senior
Employer Job Id:
North Vancouver, BC
September 13, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 12, 2012
Project Engineer / Project Manager, Senior
Scope of Work:
- Reporting initially to the Director, Business Development, the successful candidate will lead the engineering design phase under the accountability of the Director, Business Development and then transition to managing the construction and commissioning under the accountability of the Plant Manager.
- This role provides hands-on Project Management, Administration and Project Engineering support to the project team.
- In addition, the Senior Project Engineer / Project Manager will be the lead interface with key stakeholders including Procurement and Logistics, Corporate Engineering, Responsible Care, Information Technology and other support functions.
- The Senior Project Engineer / Project Manager is accountable to the Director, Technology & Engineering for Project Management processes to ensure consistency with corporate policy, best practices and corporate governance.
- This position requires 25% - 30% travel to Engineering firms, vendor offices and other client locations.
- Develop, document, implement and maintain effective Project Management processes including scope, schedule, cost, risk, status reporting, task tracking, project development, engineering development, documentation, procurement, construction, commissioning and change management.
- Develop and manage integrated costs, scope and schedule for the project including all Project impacts to the business such as Plant Operations, Logistics, Supply Chain, Information and Business Processes.
- Lead Project and stakeholder review meetings including risk management assessments and the capture and tracking of Project tasks.
- Maintain Project task, risks, issues and lessons learned registers throughout the Project development and execution cycle.
- Establish Project status (costs, schedule and risks) reporting and effectively communicate reports to stakeholders and governance.
- Determine Project, corporate governance and support organization requirements for execution phase.
- Proactively lead establishment of the organization so that the project transitions smoothly to execution, commissioning, start-up and operation.
- Seek input, expectations and support from corporate functions to ensure compliance to impacted areas of corporate functions such as Responsible Care, Engineering, Project Management, Tax and Legal.
- Steward and manage permitting and approvals processes required for execution of the Project.
- Manage Engineering companies and Project resources to ensure effective planning and execution.
- Assist with the development of Board level presentations for status updates and/or funding approval.
- Engineering degree, preferably in chemical or mechanical engineering.
- Eligibility for registration with APEGBC.
- Project Management post graduate studies preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation preferred.
- Minimum 15+ years of progressively more senior engineering experience, with direct experience in Chemical plant operations.
- Management of medium scale EPC projects ($50M+) in an Industrial plant environment.
- Project Management experience including conceptualizing, steering and managing Projects in various stages of development.
- Experience interfacing with Facility, Corporate and Senior Management.
- Significant experience with Facility Process Safety, Responsible Care/EHS and related systems as it pertains to Chemical plants.
- Strong Process mindset and demonstrated leadership and dedication to establishing and ensuring conformance to effective Project and Engineering Processes and Systems.
- Planning, presentation, reporting and people management skills.
- Understanding of project management, business analysis, risk management and value management methods, tools and techniques.
- Abilities in risk and issue management (including identification, mitigation and resolution).
- Demonstrated capability to acquire and share technical knowledge of facility operations, implement improvement projects, and supervise technical and field personnel (both construction and operations).
- SAP Project Systems experience and a knowledge of procurement processes are an asset
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List