Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
829452 Job Summary
Assistant Plant Manager
Employer Job Id:
September 13, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 12, 2012
Assistant Plant Manager
Summary Description of Position
- To manage [Company] fixed plant assets to achieve optimum utilization at the lowest operating cost.
- To interact with division staff and plant personnel to maintain an effective and open lines of communication.
- To ensure that customers are supplied with the highest quality product on the market.
- To ensure that all activities are performed in a safe manner and that all safety guidelines are adhered to.
- This position is a developmental position which will allow for the training and development with a desired outcome of developing a candidate to assume a Plant Manager position.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering or technology is preferred.
- A minimum 10 years of surface mining experience is preferred.
- An expert knowledge of crushing and sizing processes.
- An expert knowledge of preventive and predictive maintenance practices.
- A working knowledge of cost accounting and budgeting.
- Experience as a Quarry Plant Manager is desirable.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Production Levels: ensure that production levels are at an optimum with a minimum of downtime. Coordinate by-size production with sales market demands and long range planning. Work closely with the quality control technician and the plant manager to ensure that all production meets the customer’s needs.
- Maintenance Program: proper utilization and maintenance of all stationary and mobile support equipment so that equipment cost and downtime is minimized and the equipment is available when needed.
- Safety, Health, and Environment: be proactive in the safety of all personnel and activities in the plant area. Inspect and maintain dust control systems to ensure a healthy work environment. Be knowledgeable of waste products, their impact on the environment and their proper disposal. Ensure that all safety procedures and company guidelines are adhered to.
- Supervision: provide an example of good leadership. Keep open effective lines of communication with division staff and operation level personnel.
- Inventory Control: maintain proper levels of inventories to support local sales activities and long range market demands.
- Quality Control: Ensure that [Company] remains the market leader in quality of product and service to the customer. Work closely with the onsite Quality Control Technician and the Division’s Technical Services staff to ensure consistency. Notify plant manager of any quality control issues.
- The description is not all inclusive of the duties that are performed and expected for this position. Candidate may be assigned to duties other than those outlined above as the work environment and essential functions of the job change.
- Willing to learn from others and follow directions
- Able to make appropriate decisions
- Dependable, conscientious and show initiative
- Willing to adhere to rules and regulations
- Performs duties safely, responsibly and proficiently
- Uses time efficiently and ensures job duties, issues and concerns are handled in a timely, appropriate manner
- Team player
- Candidates must be able to work in a heavy industrial environment, exposed to weather elements, some noise, and heavy lifting.
- Must have ability to work independently and problem-solve while working alone or as part of a team.
- Initiates and takes action before being required to do so; demonstrates ability to work under minimum supervision
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List