Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
829453 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
San Antonio, TX
January 3, 2013
Vulcan Materials Company
March 3, 2013
- This position is responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of mine plans as well as other related mine engineering activities at all division operations. Provides support to the Geological Services staff.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D. Familiarity with MineSight, Carlson, or other mine planning software is a plus.
- Utilizes geologic drill data and mine planning data (stripping ratios, stone reserves, quality of stone, hydrology data) to design 3-D mine plans, including mine configuration and final wall slopes. Makes design recommendations to operations and Geological Services staff.
- As directed, may interact with outside consultants for mine planning and mining engineering projects.
- Assist operations personnel to assure compliance with permit conditions, laws, regulations, guidelines, and maintenance requirements of the systems necessary for compliance.
- Assist with maintaining ground control and survey data. Ability to use GPS and survey grade instruments.
- Assist with inventory calculations.
- Assist with site assessments geared toward lowering operating costs in the quarry extraction area.
- Assist in preparation of stripping bid packages.
- Maintain an updated life-of-mine site plan for all locations.
- Assist in preparation of presentations, documentations, reports and maps as needed.
- Maintain topographic maps/site maps on the network server in an up-to-date and current status.
- Mining Engineering or Geology degree preferred.
- License: PE/EIT or PG preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the ability, either through formal training or experience, to finish drafting, compute stone reserves, draw and interpret topographic maps.
- Must have good interpersonal skills to be able to work effectively with VMC personnel and representatives of regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of and proficient skills in 3D-CAD design and other computer related software, surveying, basic mining engineering concepts, basic geologic concepts of quarrying, and the federal, state and local regulations and statutes which affect mine planning affairs.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- 30% Travel in Texas
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Health and Safety Manager
<1 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List