Mining Engineer – Open Pits
Meekatharra Gold Project
FIFO out of Perth – Western Australia – 8 days on, 6 days off Roster
Reed Resources acquired the Meekatharra Gold Project in January 2011 and has been actively
bolstering the resource and Reserve base for the last 18 months. Reed is currently transitioning from
Explorer to Producer, with gold production planned for December 2012.
Reed plan to operate the processing plant at 1.6Mtpa / 95,000oz from initially open pits alone, with
plans to expand the processing plant and operations to both open pit and underground ore sources
after Year 2, this will be supported by near mine exploration in the short term while greenfield
targets are analysed and developed.
Reporting to the Quarry Manager, the key responsibilities of the Mining Engineer will include:
- Pit design and scheduling from multiple pits/ore sources
- Daily grade control scheduling
- Drill & blast pattern design and scheduling
- Preparation of open pits mine plans, schedules, forecasts, reserves and budgets
- Participation in preparation of feasibility studies
- Liaison with other departments – Geology and Surveying as required
- Compilation of daily and monthly reports
You Will Need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Mining Engineering
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Mining Engineer
- Open Cut pit design and scheduling essential, pit optimisation desirable
- Experience working with mining contractors
- Proficiency in the use of mining software (ideally Surpac).
Candidates that have or are working towards obtaining an Unrestricted Quarry Managers Certificate
will be viewed favourably.