Fireball could be described as a specialized distributor and contractor providing fuel and lubricant storage and distribution to maintenance shops across Western Canada and mine-sites around the world. We deal directly with most of the car dealerships, truck shops, fast lubes and heavy equipment dealerships in Western Canada. Most of the mining projects go through engineering companies.
The company is divided into three divisions: industrial, automotive and service. The industrial team focuses on the design, engineering, supply and installation of equipment for receiving, storing, dispensing and monitoring of bulk fuels, oils, greases and other lubricants at mining sites and municipalities.
The automotive team is responsible for the installation of light and medium vehicle maintenance equipment. Fireball has outfitted numerous maintenance and quick lubrication shops. Its customer base includes repair shops, fast lubes, car dealerships, truck shops, military bases, municipalities and mines.
The service team handles the repairs and customer shop maintenance, providing support for in-shop or field support for the automotive and industrial divisions.
We have 45 employees and work out of a nice office and shop in the west end of Edmonton. Over the last three years, we have been working towards a company ethos of democracy, trust and participative management at all levels. Our organizational chart is inverted with the employees at the top, the Team Leads supporting and coaching them. The management team is the GM and the five Team Leads. In order to provide involvement, every Monday morning the five teams meet as a group to discuss their plans for the week. On Tuesday morning, an Operations group of about 12 meets to review corporate issues and resolve them. Corporate priorities and any issues that cannot be resolved at the first two levels get dealt with at the Team Lead meeting on Wednesday. We also have a monthly all-staff breakfast meeting where we review the previous month's financial results and update everyone on operational struggles and successes. Much of our culture is styled after SEMCO as outlined in the book, Maverick, by Ricardo Semler.
We pride ourselves on creating an open and participative employee culture fostered on a work environment that demonstrates integrity, profitability, passion and fun.
Fireball Equipment is seeking an ambitious and creative Applications & Marketing Coordinator to join our dynamic and engaging team! The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of all advertising and promotion programs and materials, market research including special studies and analysis of market intelligence information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare a yearly overall marketing and promotion plan, including percentage of sales, weighting between advertising and promotion, dollar commitment on advertising and promotion by region.
- Create sale packages and bundles and prepare sales promotional materials.
- Promote Fireball sales through various social media channels.
- Manage advertising placements. Review with sales reps the proper placement of ads.
- Provide direction and materials to IT for the content on the company website.
- Provide direction and materials for ad preparation to our agency or prepare in-house. Maintain an inventory of all collateral materials. Fulfill print needs for the Sales Team.
- Measure the effectiveness and payback on all advertising.
- Collect data from our vendors.
- Oversee the design and operation of the CRM (customer relation management) program.
- Maintain and manage the order processing system in Quotewerks
- Run monthly sales order reports and reconcile to open/outstanding orders.
- Establish and update pricing in Quotewerks
- Implement the pricing structure for the Fireball product lines.
- Measure effectiveness of the CRM system in turning leads into sales.
- Prepare market analysis and forecasts for current products.
- Prepare market studies and business plans for "New Products".
- Assist in the creation and distribution of Customer Satisfaction Surveys for all product lines, follow up by telephone as required, enter the results into the appropriate database and provide analysis.
- Assist in identifying and analyzing new needs of existing customers and new markets in order to develop new opportunities for the company.
- On an ongoing basis, coordinate the gathering of competitor prices, evaluation of features versus benefits and provide feedback to the Sales Team Leader.
- Make follow-up phone calls in relation to the CRM lead system and record for analysis.
- Prepare territory analysis reports including market share.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Post secondary experience with a major in marketing.
- 1-3 years of previous experience in sales, marketing or research.
- Previous experience with CRM (customer relationship management) software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of sales principles, methods and practices.
- Able to build relationships with key vendors and customers.
- Able to create and execute marketing strategies.
- Strong computer knowledge including Word, Excel, CRM software, graphics software and social media applications.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to research and interpret data.
Fireball is a specialized distributor and contractor providing fuel and lubricant storage and distribution to automotive industry, maintenance shops and mine-sites across Canada and around the world.
Over the last three years, Fireball has been working towards creating a collaborative and participative employee culture at all levels within the company. Our organizational chart is inverted with the "employees" at the top with Team Leaders who strive to support, coach and mentor them. We pride ourselves on creating a unique, dynamic and engaging work environment for our employees. We are a fast paced and growing company looking for individuals who enjoy a challenge and want to grow with us! We offer a competitive salary and benefit package along with ample training and development initiatives to support your career goals.
Fireball Equipment Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an excellent employee benefit program and salary to commensurate with experience. Visit our website at www.fireball.ca for more information on our company and products