Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
831340 Job Summary
3rd Shift QA Lab Technician
Employer Job Id:
Green Bay, WI
September 15, 2012
November 14, 2012
3rd Shift QA Lab Technician
- The 3rd shift QA Lab Tech will work 9:30pm - 6:30am.
- Minimum of 2 year degree required
- Minimum of 1 year in Quality Assurance or Lab Tech experience required
- Perform pre-operational line inspections. Support sanitation supervisor to ensure cleanliness, food safety and accuracy of sanitation documentation.
- Perform Pre-Operations Swabs and support environmental sampling, including air and water as required by DCI and/or customer requests.
- Perform ATP bioluminescence testing and maintain Uni-Lite software and equipment
- Provide training and support to sanitation team
- Monitor equipment and structure for food safety risks.
- Complete work orders as needed for areas identified as potential risks
- Assist with equipment “tear downs”
- Perform microbiological testing.
- Perform analytical testing of source and finished products.
- Perform quality audits including: specification verification, date code verification, label verification, quality testing including leaker tests, Oxygen / Carbon Dioxide tests, metal detector verification, SPC weight control verification, and pulling retained samples where required.
- Perform Quality and Food safety inspections on production lines.
- Ability to make decisions and coach non-conformances in production areas regarding quality audits and documentation.
- Monitor first run production for adherence to specifications.
- Assist with programs (e.g. SQF) for food safety, regulatory and quality programs. Including implementation, employee training and documentation implementation.
- Review and perform metal detector checks to ensure adherence to the HACCP program, conduct hands-on training for employees in the proper operation of the metal detectors, and provide metal detector set-up and operation guidance.
- Review work orders, as needed, for product quality requirements and specification changes.
- Review SPC documentation for regulatory compliance.
- Review all quality records for completeness and accuracy, and communicate issue to shift supervisors for follow-up and corrective action.
- Monitor and audit production line cleanliness/ sanitation effectiveness. Monitor footbath function.
- Monitor temperature in coolers. Check/calibrate receiving dock and slice line thermometers and calibrate cooler temperature charts.
- Monitor and perform GMP inspections.
- Assist with customer, third party and regulatory plant inspections, and perform, or assist, with vendor plant inspections as needed.
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring the Hold and Release program.
- Issue and follow-up on raw material complaints to vendors.
- Investigate and assist in response to customer complaints.
- Assist with mock recall exercises twice per year, or at customer request.
- Monitor traceability records for completeness and accuracy. Provides training for employees.
- Write/train/maintain/monitor Quality Assurance policies and programs as required.
- All other job duties as assigned by management.
- Lab Test
- Quality Assurance
- Data Entry
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List