Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
831495 Job Summary
Senior Project Engineer
Employer Job Id:
Uncle Sam, LA
September 15, 2012
November 14, 2012
Senior Project Engineer
- The Mosaic Company , headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a $10 billion company that stands alone as one of the world's leading producers of concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients. Our world-class mining and processing operations produce the highest quality fertilizer and animal feed ingredients. As a global leader in nourishing crops and delivering distinctive value to the world's agriculture, Mosaic offers an opportunity to share in an exciting future.
What are our Values?
- We consider our employees to be our most valued ingredient. Mosaic employees are richly diverse in their skills, experience and backgrounds. From engineering, operations, finance, HR, marketing and research, our team came to Mosaic not just for a job but a career that makes a positive impact on the world by nourishing the crops our growing population needs.
Are you our next Senior Project Engineer?
- We are currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer for our Uncle Sam, Louisiana location. This position is responsible for providing engineering services to efficiently manage capital projects from inception through completion. This includes safety, planning, scheduling, design, material and labor procurement, construction coordination, cost control and reporting. Follow Mosaic’s CPM system in the performance of project work. Supervise the activities of contract engineers, designers and constructors as needed to accomplish project goals. Fully engage with applicable Mosaic personnel in all activities.
What will you do?
- Develop project scopes, cost estimates, specifications, write capital requests, and purchase requisitions needed to execute capital projects.
- Direct and coordinate activities of contract engineering companies, onsite construction contractors, vendors and internal resources to accomplish the project goals.
- Review safe work procedures and audit ongoing construction activities of contractors on site.
- Develop RFQ packages, coordinate bidding activities and perform technical evaluations and provide recommendations.
- Prepare reports and/or make presentations regarding items such as project safety performance, scheduling and costs.
- Be vigilant of issues and conditions that can affect their fellow workers.
- Report any issues that can impact the environment or the safety of the employees.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Structural Engineering required.
- 10 years of experience in industrial Project Management required.
- 10-12 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing environment required.
- P.E., PMI certifications preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, AutoCAD, Microsoft Project/Primavera required.
- SAP/Maximo application experience is a plus.
- Possess excellent written and communication skills and ability to interface with all levels of management.
- Must demonstrate ability to influence others; requires strong leadership qualities, and team building.
- Manage and control project’s cost and schedule by ensuring that effective project controls are in place and functioning properly.
- Providing coordination between design, procurement, and/or construction for integration of technical content and schedule activities.
- Physical work environment includes occasionally working outdoors and occasional exposure to varying degrees of hot and cold environments.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform other job functions.
- Must be able to safely perform the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. unassisted and regularly.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to travel unassisted.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Selected candidates will be required to successfully complete the following:
- Post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination.
- Pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List