SMS Equipment Inc. supplies equipment parts and service to the construction, forestry and mining industries and utility product users. It was created to provide customers with integrated solutions and to expand our service capabilities as a nationwide organization.
Recruiting highly talented and dedicated personnel.
This is a very exciting time to be a part of SMS Equipment. We are one of the largest Komatsu dealers in the world and believe our continued growth is a result of our highly skilled and engaged employees who deliver excellence in the workplace.
If you are interested in working for a very dynamic company where your input, your ideas and your participation is valued, apply today.
Our growth means your success.
Senior Training Specialist
Reporting to the Manager, Employee Development and Adult Education, the Senior Training Specialist is responsible for the design, development, and implementation of instructor and e-learning courseware for various SMS departments nationwide.
Specific Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
- Conduct departmental and organizational need assessments to identify gaps and learning objectives.
- In collaboration with subject matter experts, develop and/or revise curriculum and determine appropriate delivery method.
- Assess application of learning to job performance.
- Determine training and development costs/benefits; control costs against budget.
- Post-secondary education in Adult Education, Organizational Behaviour, Change Management or related discipline coupled with 5+ years' experience in curriculum development and delivery for adult audiences.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to work effectively with all organizational levels and through a variety of mediums.
- Excellent applied knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with e-based training management systems an asset (i.e. absorb).