Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
831567 Job Summary
Principal Environmental Engineer/Geologist
Employer Job Id:
March 13, 2013
May 13, 2013
Principal Environmental Engineer/Geologist
- The Principal Environmental Engineer/Geologist will actively market GeoEngineers’ environmental services in the greater Portland, OR area and bring work into the company while continuing to be responsible for the timely, accurate and profitable completion of projects. The incumbent will set an example of technical excellence and leadership for our clients, while supporting the growth, development and contributions of staff. The incumbent will be expected to be actively involved in professional organizations and in the communities in which we do business.
- Develops and maintains a strong business network and is active in external activities and professional associations.
- Represents the firm as a leader in the profession by participating and assuming leadership responsibilities in community, industry and client-driven events and organizations. Presents technical papers at conferences and other appropriate venues.
- Develops and utilizes an ongoing process to successfully identify and secure new clients.
- Establishes positive working relationships and maintains client confidence in order to support enduring partnerships.
- Directly accountable for development and/or management of a book of business in order to meet or exceed individual annual financial contribution goals.
- Represents GeoEngineers in all markets and technical disciplines. Can speak to clients about all of our capabilities, identifying potential projects outside of their area of expertise. Can also provide QA level review of all GeoEngineers documents.
- Develops business development skills in junior staff by introducing them to clients and having them participate in project and business development meetings with clients.
- Serves as a senior-level environmental assessment and remediation expert who maintains accessibility for ongoing advice and support to others.
- Assumes final responsibility for developing technical strategy, ensuring technical accuracy and maintaining loss prevention for projects.
- Assumes final responsibility for project completion in accordance with contractual agreements. Develops field, analytical, communication and project management skills in technical staff.
- Promotes safe work practices through adherence to task safety assessments, site safety plans, company and client safety procedures and guidelines, taking immediate action when necessary to avoid and/or mitigate hazards.
- Actively pursues ongoing learning opportunities in order to maintain updated knowledge and expertise.
Leadership and Collaboration
- Positively motivates others toward achievement of common goals. Leads by example and expects excellence. Creates an environment where employees are actively engaged and energized.
- Recruits and retains competent employees, providing necessary resources, accessibility and support.
- Strives to improve overall business performance by leveraging the capabilities of our people.
- Encourages open and constructive dialog and interaction. Clearly and effectively expresses information in written and verbal communications, selecting the appropriate method of communication.
- Has final responsibility for the scoping and budgeting of projects, billing and account collection. Serves as project manager for larger multi-disciplinary and/or multi-location projects.
- Leads business development pursuits and company initiatives that cross office boundaries.
- Presents and negotiates contracts with clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Environmental Engineering or Geology; Master’s degree highly preferred. Minimum of 15 years of related professional experience including at least 10 years of project management experience and 3 years in a leadership role. Established, strong client following in the greater Portland, OR area and ability to grow revenue and expand technical services offered to key clientele.
- Working knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental laws, regulations and statutes. Registration/Certification in appropriate technical specialty required.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List