Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
832298 Job Summary
Technical Support Analyst
Employer Job Id:
September 18, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 17, 2012
Technical Support Analyst
- [Company] is a major building materials and construction solutions provider proudly serving our customers since 1891 in the Western United States and Canada. We take pride in providing solutions to your greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production, ready mix concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, as well as concrete products and other building materials.
- The Technical Support Analyst is the point person for all IT support in a specific [Company] region. As a local extension of the corporate IT organization, this role acts as a liaison between business operations and IT and is responsible to ensure high quality, timely and effective IT support of that region. This person performs these responsibilities in conjunction with the IT organization and in compliance with [Company] IT standard practices and technologies. Key technologies supported by this role include: end-user computers, printers and peripherals, application servers, UPS systems, network/telecommunications equipment, video systems, ready mix batch panels, wireless devices, time clock systems, fuel systems, mobile devices, and truck tracking systems.
- This employee works closely with regional users/management to identify and prioritize IT support requirements.
- Primary activities include coordinating support, troubleshooting technology issues, implementation of solutions, maintaining and setting-up equipment, and understanding business requirements for potential IT projects.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Support PC, printer (peripheral), network (LAN/WAN), telephony and data center environments using
- [Company] Service Request and Change Control processes
- Engage in activities for project planning, monitoring and execution
- Document environment, create diagrams, processes and procedures
- Upgrade and install new hardware and software including (but not limited to) servers, PC, printers, networking equipment
- Facilitate IT-related work with vendors at regional sites
- Rapidly assimilate and apply technical knowledge to maximize computer operations that support business processes
- Follow policies and procedures regarding how problems are identified, received, documented, distributed, and corrected to ensure maximum issue resolutions in minimum time, based on best practices
- Evaluate new information systems products or services and suggest changes to existing products or services to better aide the end user
- Respond to after-hours emergency calls for the IT ServiceDesk, approx 2 weeks every 4 months
- Career Level: Mid-Career Years of
- 5+Job Title: Technical Support Analyst Date: September 13, 2012
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- 5+ years IT experience required
- MS-Windows installation and configuration
- Peripherals support and troubleshooting
- Network connectivity set-up and issue resolution
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in collaborative team environment with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and flexible self-starter, with an eye for detail who can maintain multiple ongoing assignments simultaneously and reprioritize work appropriately in sometimes ambiguous and often changing situations
- Project Management experience is a plus.
- MSCE certification preferred
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List