Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
832299 Job Summary
Computer Systems Analyst
Employer Job Id:
September 18, 2012
Registrant - Log In to see Company Name
November 17, 2012
Computer Systems Analyst
- [Company] is a major building materials and construction solutions provider proudly serving our customers since 1891 in the Western United States and Canada. We take pride in providing solutions to your greatest construction challenges with expertise in cement production, ready mix concrete, aggregate, asphalt, construction services, as well as concrete products and other building materials.
- The Computer Systems Analyst is responsible for the high availability and integrity of servers and network devices that enable system solutions within the IT Technology group of the Information Technology Department in Glendora, CA. The Computer Systems Analyst takes direction from the Systems Administrator and works closely with other administrators and analysts of network, corporate applications, Security, and SAP Basis to maintain and
- intelligence, in-house and 3rd party software, end user storage, email, telephony, other communications, end user protection and legacy systems. Working independently and as part of the IT Technology team, the Computer Systems Analyst is responsible for monitoring/maintaining existing systems, implementing solutions, working on projects and executing tasks within their areas of expertise including and not limited to physical and virtual (VM) servers, uninterruptible power supply, and network configuration of devices, servers and storage.
- This employee works closely with the Systems Administrator to maintain the integrity and high availability of existing systems as well as to enable new systems functionality and capacity. This individual collaborates closely with other IT specialists, sharing information, supporting problem-solving and developing best practices.
- Execute regular maintenance and monitoring tasks to ensure availability and integrity of [Company] IT systems (servers, storage, network devices)
- Engage in activities for project planning, monitoring and execution
- Provide timely response and expertise to problem-solving activities, as required
- Document environment, create diagrams, processes and procedures
- Participate in the development of internal skills for all [Company] resources through a partnership with power users and collaboration with other IT members
- Career Level: Mid-Career Years of
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years systems administration experience required
- Windows Server and/or Linux administration
- VMware administration
- Setup, configure, support and manage server equipment including HP ProLiants, c7000 Blade Chassis,
- BL460, BL620, UPSs
- Assist with SAN storage and backups
- Understanding of TCP/IP suite (TCP,UDP,IP,ICMP)
- Sound technical understanding of virtualization, OS and database technologies
- 2+ years of network administration experience required
- Gather information and define network related problems by analyzing reported issues; escalate to tier 2 network support as needed
- Respond to incidents/requests for WAN, LAN, VPN
- Monitor network performance
- Interact with users/vendors
- Log service requests; maintain network documentation
- Remote/onsite support for network life-cycle: provisioning, RMA, cable management
- On call support
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in collaborative team environment with minimal supervision
- Highly organized and flexible self-starter, with an eye for detail who can maintain multiple ongoing assignments simultaneously and reprioritize work appropriately in sometimes ambiguous and often changing situations
- CCNA certification preferred
- MCTS certification preferred
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
1 - 5 years experience in Canada
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List