Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
833199 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
November 30, 2012
Golder Associates Inc.
January 30, 2013
- Founded in Canada in 1960, we are a respected, employee-owned, global company providing consulting, design, and construction services in earth, environment, and related areas of energy. Today, our clients span the world's major economic drivers: oil and gas, mining, manufacturing, power, transportation, water resources, and more. Our 8,000 people deliver deep technical understanding, cross-disciplinary thinking and a passion to help our clients succeed.
- The Golder U.S. team (Golder Associates Inc.) is consistently voted a top consulting firm to work for and operates out of 45 offices across the country from Anchorage, Alaska to Tampa, Florida. Since the first office opened in 1968, we have built a reputation for providing innovative, quality solutions. From our initial strength in geotechnical engineering, our services expanded to meet the increasing range of client needs, including environmental compliance and remediation.
- Our professionals -- from geologists, civil engineers, and geophysicists, to hydrogeologists, biologists, environmental scientists, risk analysts, and GIS specialists -- help clients with large, complex projects as well as small-scale ones.
- Mechanical designer will be part of the Philadelphia operations’ Process Engineering Group and work on a wide variety of industrial and environmental remediation projects. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- development of design packages involving collecting field measurements and data, interacting with regulators or building departments;
- attending meetings with internal design team, clients and customers;
- sizing pipe systems and selecting conveyance equipment (i.e., pumps and blowers) along with developing supporting calculations;
- assisting in writing design reports;
- developing process flow and instrumentation diagrams (PFD/P&ID);
- contacting equipment suppliers
- designing 3-D CAD layouts in Plant 3D; and
- overseeing fabrication/construction, and assisting with system start-up.
- Typical projects include industrial wastewater treatment systems, environmental and pollution control systems, facility designs, pump stations, material handling and storage systems, process systems evaluation and recommendations, and automated chemical process systems. Design packages include multiple engineering disciplines, including piping systems, steel structures, equipment design, and automated control systems. The position offers an exciting diversity of engineering work and the opportunity to be creative. The position may require periodic travel and overnight stays. The Process Engineering Group is an integral part of Golder’s international consulting and engineering operations with projects worldwide.
- BS Engineering and a minimum of 1 year of mechanical design and piping experience, and at least 6 months hands-on shop or field experience. Experience in:
- AutoCAD® P&ID
- AutoCAD® Plant 3D
- It would be considered a plus to show experience in the following:
- Advanced knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS applications
- Autodesk Civil 3D
- A well-qualified individual must have the ability and interest to provide coordination with various team members in local and regional offices. Electrical/control system experience is also desirable, but not required.
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
6 - 10 years experience in Australia
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List