Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
833876 Job Summary
Employer Job Id:
September 20, 2012
November 19, 2012
- FMC Corporation is committed to providing employees with ample opportunities to contribute, lead and be recognized as innovators, to look beyond barriers to provide solutions, to be challenged in what they do and to love doing it. FMC is a S&P 500, diversified chemical company serving agricultural, industrial and consumer markets globally for more than a century. As a global leader utilizing advanced technologies and customer-focused research and development, FMC provides innovative and cost-effective solutions to food, agriculture, pharmaceutical, specialty and related industries.
- Middleport is one of two formulation plants for FMC Ag Products in the US and will play a key role in supporting the business objective of doubling sales by 2015. At a high level, this role is responsible for all aspects of production execution and engineering at the Middleport site including schedule compliance, line and labor productivity, product quality, product yield, operator training / on-boarding, new product scale up, and ensuring safe operations. The role reports to the plant manager and oversees 4 salaried staff, 30+ operators, and 5-12 seasonal, temporary workers. In addition, this person will play a key role in introducing new products to the site and driving successful implementation of various engineering projects.
- Lead a team of two engineers, one production manager, one workforce training manager, and 30+ hourly employees in the safe execution of site production activities.
- Provide strong safety leadership on the floor through presence, integrity and trust; actively promoting safe behaviors and operator engagement and ensure that all safety procedures are being followed such as reporting incidents, initiating MOCs, safe work permits, hot work permits, respirator checks, etc.
- Coach direct reports in safety leadership to ensure alignment with safety as a core value across the organization.
- Execute the weekly production plan provided by Philadelphia planning group:
- Ensure that all products are produced within quality specifications and on time
- Monitor line and labor efficiencies and drive improvements as appropriate
- Monitor product yields and work with others on plant staff to drive improvements
- Work with Production Services Manager to optimize the production schedule over the near term to minimize cost and increase delivery reliability.
- Provide on-going performance feedback to production personnel and assist in each hourly employee’s development plan for progression in skill.
- Develop and implement more flexible labor scheduling models to increase plant sprint capacity during peak seasons, includes the evaluation of balance between full time direct and seasonal workers.
- Ensure that systems are in place to manage both the initial training and re-qualification of full time and seasonal personnel in appropriate safe practices for operating the processes of the facility.
- Maintain safe condition of plant equipment, ensure the appropriate level of housekeeping is sustained, and ensure that operations are conducted within state environmental and other appropriate operating permits. Participate in safe condition audits as appropriate.
- Assist with safety and process safety investigations and development of root-causes.
- Share in facilitation of shift meeting topic development and delivery to ensure constant and consistent communication of plant changes and increase safety awareness.
- Act as principal liaison with water plant operator (Arkadis) to ensure consistency with site policies.
- Work with site HSE Manager in the implementation of site Safety policies and procedures.
- Work with site HSE Manager to monitor proper hazardous waste disposal and storage.
- Work with site Quality Manager to ensure adequate quality control and assurance systems are in place.
- Manage progressive discipline and grievance process with support from site HR Manager.
- Work with site HR Manager to develop and implement labor relations strategy and participate in preparations for upcoming contract negotiations.
- Support the introduction of new products to the site, including participating in design and safety reviews, development of SOP’s / training material, and monitoring initial scale-up batches.
- Coordinate with the Philadelphia based Asset Manager to ensure all key engineering projects are appropriately resourced to meet delivery dates.
- Lead the delivery of continuous improvement initiatives in the areas of cost, throughput, and quality.
- Manage site security; including addressing all security or alarm incidents, conducting site security assessments, and working with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to ensure site compliance with DHS regulations. DHS security clearance would have to be established.
- Manage site IT support which is currently provided by FMC resource from nearby Tonawanda plant.
- Participate on the site leadership team
- Bachelors in Engineering required, advanced degree highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, advanced degree highly preferred
- 7 years’ experience in chemical manufacturing leadership
- APICS certification preferred
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques (kaizen, SMED, 5S, etc.)
- Computer literate, Microsoft Office knowledge, strong SAP knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and task completion dates
- Result driven and self-starter
- Demonstrated change management skills
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
Safety and Training Officer
1 - 5 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List