Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
835660 Job Summary
Human Resource Generalist - ACM
Employer Job Id:
October 5, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
December 5, 2012
Human Resource Generalist - ACM
Summary of Position:
- The Human Resource (HR) Generalist provides broad professional HR activities to support and stream line processes, policies and programs including job posting, new employee orientation, compensation, performance management, organizational development, workforce planning, learning and development, diversity, affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, complaint investigation, payroll, HRIS and benefits including annual enrollment.
- Provide proactive support for the development and the achievement of Human Resources Department goals and objectives and long term HR strategy.
- Provides employee relations support to managers/supervisors and employees to ensure complaints, performance management and corrective action procedures are handled in a fair, consistent and legally compliant manner. Conducts investigations in response to employee allegations or management inquiries
- Assists HR management in the development, revision, implementation and communication of company policies, procedures and administrative practices
- Assist in development and implementation of training programs as needed and coordinates training planning and scheduling
- Forms solid working relationships, based on a thorough knowledge of the business, with HR team, Operations Managers/Supervisors, and other key site managers (Engineering, Procurement, Finance, Maintenance).
- Continues to develop expertise in HR functional areas. Seeks development opportunities to improve professional competencies and stays current on innovations in HR practices through benchmarking, networking and exposure to research/publications.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyze data and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Oversees, Directs and/or Coordinates Employee Relations Activities
- Coordinates various aspects of the benefits program with employees and centralized benefits group
- Produces reports, documents, feedback letters and other correspondence
- Insure that office administration duties are completed, i.e. filing, records retention HRIS input
Knowledge and Relevant Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business or related field and related years of experience or any combination of education and experience that provides the requisite knowledge to successfully perform the job
- Sound understanding of Federal and state regulations governing employment law
- Solid understanding of Human Resource procedures, principles and concepts including employee relations, training & development, performance management, compensation & benefits and safety.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze data, and develop robust action plans
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Communicates a "can do" attitude and positive outlook, minimizing negative behaviors
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously and have strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness along with attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships and work well across functions
- Must be able to manage competing demands
- Demonstrated ability to organize priorities in order to reach the goals and deliverables of assigned projects through analytical and problem-solving expertise.
- Efficiently organizes schedules to accomplish tasks, projects, and goals
- Take initiative and be able to propose alternate strategies to meet company demands
- May act as HR Manager as required
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List