Fireball could be described as a specialized distributor and contractor providing fuel and lubricant storage and distribution to maintenance shops across Western Canada and mine-sites around the world. We deal directly with most of the car dealerships, truck shops, fast lubes and heavy equipment dealerships in Western Canada. Most of the mining projects go through engineering companies.
The company is divided into three divisions: industrial, automotive and service. The industrial team focuses on the design, engineering, supply and installation of equipment for receiving, storing, dispensing and monitoring of bulk fuels, oils, greases and other lubricants at mining sites and municipalities.
The automotive team is responsible for the installation of light and medium vehicle maintenance equipment. Fireball has outfitted numerous maintenance and quick lubrication shops. Its customer base includes repair shops, fast lubes, car dealerships, truck shops, military bases, municipalities and mines.
The service team handles the repairs and customer shop maintenance, providing support for in-shop or field support for the automotive and industrial divisions.
We have 45 employees and work out of a nice office and shop in the west end of Edmonton. Over the last three years, we have been working towards a company ethos of democracy, trust and participative management at all levels. Our organizational chart is inverted with the employees at the top, the Team Leads supporting and coaching them. The management team is the GM and the five Team Leads. In order to provide involvement, every Monday morning the five teams meet as a group to discuss their plans for the week. On Tuesday morning, an Operations group of about 12 meets to review corporate issues and resolve them. Corporate priorities and any issues that cannot be resolved at the first two levels get dealt with at the Team Lead meeting on Wednesday. We also have a monthly all-staff breakfast meeting where we review the previous month's financial results and update everyone on operational struggles and successes. Much of our culture is styled after SEMCO as outlined in the book, Maverick, by Ricardo Semler.
We pride ourselves on creating an open and participative employee culture fostered on a work environment that demonstrates integrity, profitability, passion and fun.
Fireball Equipment Ltd. is an industry leader in the design and supply of fuel and lubrication equipment to the automotive industry, maintenance shops and mine-sites across Canada and around the world. We are a growing company and engaging in more projects with a larger geographic scope. We take tremendous pride in the reputation we have developed with our customers and the industry. We have an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Technologist within our Edmonton office. The successful candidate will play an integral part in the design of project packages.
- Develops control management systems and PLC's as per project requirements.
- Ensures the technical drawings of the project meet the needs of the client.
- Reviews project and equipment design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, regulatory codes and related permitting.
- Prepares documented updates review at the weekly project meeting.
- Prepares design packages, system procedures and/or manuals for the projects as required.
- Participates in quality management and quality control tools.
- Participates in the planning, design and specification of power, control and communication system in lubrication and fuel systems.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 1-3 years of experience in construction or industrial projects.
- Electrical Engineering Technology Certificate required.
- Certified Engineering Technologist is considered an asset.
- Has the ability to read and understand P&ID designs, blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- Results-oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and team centric ideals.
- Exceptional problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and collaborative work environment.
- Strong working knowledge of various computer applications including Excel, Word and Microsoft Projects.
Over the last three years, Fireball has been working towards creating a collaborative and participative employee culture at all levels within the company. Our organizational chart is inverted with the "employees" at the top with Team Leaders who strive to support, coach and mentor them. We pride ourselves on creating a unique, dynamic and engaging work environment for our employees. We are a fast paced and growing company looking for individuals who enjoy a challenge and want to grow with us! We offer a competitive salary and benefit package along with ample training and development initiatives to support your career goals