Imagine working for a truly global company whose 45,000 employees share a singular passion: to make the world a better place. We enjoy what we do at AECOM. We bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work, and we're driven by a set of values and a common purpose - to create, enhance and sustain the world's built, natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We'll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed. Come share your passion with us.
Our team of environment specialists offers clients expertise in air quality, impact analysis and permitting, environmental health and safety management consulting/due diligence, remediation consulting/engineering and construction/site restoration, specialty and emerging technologies, waste services and water and natural resources.
AECOM's Whitehorse Office is seeking a Junior Environmental Scientist/Engineer-in-Training
to assist in supporting their Senior Scientists and Engineers.
- Organizing field work
- Surveying (bathymetric and land)
- Installing and maintaining data loggers (water, weather)
- Water and soil sampling
- Stream gauging
- Aquatic resource assessment
- Literature research
- Statistical analysis
- Production of tables, graphs, maps, etc.
- Presenting results to senior scientists and to management
- Assisting with report writing
- Maintaining field equipment
- Undergraduate Degree in biology, geography, geology, engineering or related field
- Strong written communications and interpersonal skills
- Use of Excel/data management is desirable
- Ability to prioritize work;
- Ability and willingness to work on multiple projects and tasks, for different task managers
- Ability and willingness for driving, hiking, lifting, working outdoors in remote locations, travelling in small aircraft and boats.
- Interest in learning new skills, and taking on new challenges.
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.