Unfortunately this advertised job has expired.
Either the employer has requested the expiration of the job (vacancy has been filled or cancelled), or the job advert has expired after its normal running-time on CareerMine.
Please click here to continue your job search.
CareerMine Job Id:
837708 Job Summary
Equipment Shop Manager
Employer Job Id:
September 27, 2012
Subscriber - Log In to see Company Name
November 26, 2012
Equipment Shop Manager
The Crupi Group is a privately owned group of integrated construction companies surrounding D. Crupi & Sons Limited. The company has built a solid reputation for market excellence in the asphalt paving and aggregate production/sales industry, as well as providing municipal and commercial snow removal services. The company was originally established in 1951 and has been servicing both the private and public sectors of the greater Toronto area for more than 60 years. We are proud to have been major participants in the growth and development of the GTA and to have maintained the reputation as one of the premier paving companies in the city. We employ a team of dedicated and knowledgeable people whose hard work and innovative ideas contribute to the company’s overall success.
The Equipment Shop Manager position is a leadership role in our equipment shop located in the east end of Toronto, Ontario. The candidate will be responsible to manage and coordinate the maintenance and repair of paving equipment, construction equipment, heavy road trucks, as well as, light vehicles, and snow removal equipment. The candidate will manage approximately 12-15 shop employees/mechanics and work with senior management to ensure equipment is repaired/maintained and delivered on schedule within the allocated budget.
- 5-10 years' experience in managing construction, mining and excavation equipment maintenance
- 310 Truck and Coach Technician Certification
- Excellent knowledge in Health, Safety, Environmental and Ministry of Transportation and National Safety Code regulations related to fleet and maintenance shop operations.
- Must possess exceptional leadership, time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with all workplace parties and third party contacts
- Experience working on repair and maintenance of CAT, Mack, International, Sterling, GMC and Ford equipment
- Reasonable ability to use basic computer software such as, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with owner, managers, employees, contractors, suppliers, and others
- Maintain Annual Inspection and Safety Standard Certificate (SSC) and Signing Authority
- Managing, scheduling and direction of staff for set up, maintenance and repairs of fleet equipment
- Managing other resources, such as, equipment, tools, purchasing and inventory
- Ensure proper record keeping on construction, mining and other fleet equipment
- Ensure annualized safety inspection on shop equipment are maintained
- Managing and scheduling of equipment repairs, servicing, etc., by subcontractors, when necessary
- Ensure timely delivery of equipment to meet winter and summer scheduling demands
- Ensure all staff are following safety practices and procedures and all other reporting requirements
- Co-ordinate and oversee apprenticeship training program
- Co-ordinate with manufacturer's or suppliers purchasing of fleet equipment or vehicles
- Participate in Joint Health and Safety Committee and Fleet Management Committee
CareerMine Daily Salary Insight
16 - 20 years experience in South Africa
Source: CareerMine Salary Survey
Save This Job
Remove This Job From My List