The Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation currently has the following businesses in operation:
- Willowgate Store (Formerly Alexis Service Center - currently being leased to Willowgate.)
- Eagle River Casino & Travel Plaza (Alexis - Paragon LLP)
- Alexis Land Management Corporation
ALM currently manages 601 acres of land located on the Alexis Whitecourt #232 Reserve.
This property is designated for Commercial and Residential Development.
Alexis Eagle River Casino and Travel Plaza - Restaurant
Husky 24 Hours Gas Station
Alexis Group of Companies (Alexis Economic Development "Trust Company" established to manage and supervise Alexis Businesses and Finances.)
Great Plains Wells Servicing Corp. Alexis - Savannah LLP - (Alexis managing partner)
Nakota Forestry (White's Loggin LLP - White's Logging is Alexis' managing partner.)
CEO, ALEXIS GROUP of COMPANIES
The CEO, as the chief executive of Alexis Group of Companies and in partnership with the Board, is responsible for the success of the Alexis Group of Companies. Together the CEO and the Board of Directors assure the corporation's relevance to the community, the accomplishment of the vision and mission, and the accountability to its shareholders. Actions and decisions in this position are far reaching, complex and have high impact on the success of the Alexis Nakota Sioux Nation's economic development, business operations, revenue, and opportunities for the future of the community and its members.
This position is the senior management position in the corporation, with responsibility for:
- The overall management of the business including its overall strategic direction, preparation of agendas and background information for Board meetings and Executive Committee meetings;
- Keeping the Board fully informed of the conditions of the corporation and on all important factors influencing it;
- The development of annual work plans, related capital and operating budgets, development of operational policies and procedures;
- The day-to-day operations management, human resources recruitment and management and budget, financial oversight and monitoring;
- Conducting market analysis and opportunity identification ;
- Overall management of staff and management ;
- Overall planning, design and implementation of projects and programs within the corporation's mandate;
- Communications and marketing for the purpose of business development.
- Significant and proven leadership skills developed through at least 10 years in a senior management role and experience related to economic development activity such as oil and gas, minerals and mining, industrial, and/or commercial management;
- Expert knowledge of business operations, asset management, marketing, finance and business ;processes related to economic development activities;
- Proven ability to build effective relationships with external stakeholders and collaborative ventures with diverse constituents;
- Working knowledge of engagement with First Nation's communities ;
- The ability to foster a healthy organization culture, encourage teamwork and collaboration, inspire and motivate high performance and effectively resolve conflict;
- Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills ;
- University Degree in a related field such as a degree in Engineering, Business, Economics, or Finance;