Evolution Mining is a leading growth-focused Australian mid-cap gold producer with five
Australian gold projects across QLD and WA, a defined growth pathway, significant &
exciting exploration potential and a strong financial position.
Emergency Response & Safety Coordinator
– Mt Rawdon
- Excellent Salary & Company Benefits
- Rapidly Growing Mining Company – over $1B market capitalisation
- Live locally in the Mt Perry/GinGin Qld area – work close to home in a site role!
Reporting to the OH&S CoOrdinator, as an experienced site Emergency Response
Coordinator you will facilitate and take ownership of the site emergency services functions,
including ensuring site emergency preparedness at all times and provide emergency
medical treatment as required. You will ensure legislative compliance along with developing
and delivering a broad range of emergency response training to site ERT teams is a key
function of this role.
You will have a positive attitude towards safety in the work place and assist the OHS
Coordinator in promoting increased safety awareness, implementing safety training, safety
promotions and lead by example in your own approach.
Your knowledge of industry and legislative standards will ensure you succeed when
ensuring that all safety and health related tasks, documents, training are carried out in
accordance with the Mining and Quarrying Safety legislations (Health Act 1999; Mining,
Quarrying Safety and Health Regulations 2001) and any other standards which apply. You
will report on monthly safety statistics and information to identify trends, emerging issues,
recommending and implementing changes to processes and systems.
You will be responsible for the development of an emergency response team and provide
supervision and mentoring to the team, maintaining all emergency response materials,
develop and deliver training plans, and organise evacuation plans.To be successful
To be considered you must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum 3 years experience in mine site emergency response coordination
- including development and implementation of processes, with at least 6 years’
- total experience in emergency response training.
- A wide range of emergency response skills and training abilities including vertical
- rescue, breathing apparatus, road accident rescue, and fire fighting
- Experience with facilitation of risk assessment preferably G2 qualification
- Cert 3 in mines rescue
- Willingness to study towards paramedic qualification.
- Willingness to be located in the Mt Perry/GinGin region.
In addition to the above, the following will be well regarded but are not essential, if the above
are also addressed:
- Previous experience in supervising a team of safety professionals
- QMS 1, 2, 3 preferred or willingness to obtain
- Previous experience with ICAM or similar incident investigation systems
- A fire fighting / SES background
- Cert IV EMT or similar (industrial) paramedic qualification with a minimum 5 years
- experience in emergency care
- Trainer assessor studies, preferably TAA 40104 / TAE 40110.